Trusted Contributor

Please read about stimulus check

I posted this info in a thread about mailed checks......when I spoke to a IRS agent on the 15th, she said their system had a major internal error and it was RANDOM who they did direct deposits and the rest was mailed.  It was because of the timeline they had to put out all of the checks and the system crashed and this was how they resolved it.  She also said if we do not get our checks by the 15, to give it 2-3 weeks to show up.  If not there will be a form added to your tax filing and eventually will get it.  They are still having issues and they hope to have everything fixed if we get another one HTH

Respected Contributor

Re: Please read about stimulus check

Thank you for posting. Last time we got the debit card. This time nothing so far.

Honored Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

I posted this info in a thread about mailed checks......when I spoke to a IRS agent on the 15th, she said their system had a major internal error and it was RANDOM who they did direct deposits and the rest was mailed.  It was because of the timeline they had to put out all of the checks and the system crashed and this was how they resolved it.  She also said if we do not get our checks by the 15, to give it 2-3 weeks to show up.  If not there will be a form added to your tax filing and eventually will get it.  They are still having issues and they hope to have everything fixed if we get another one HTH

@northiie57 , Thank you for the explanation.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

@northiie57 ===> That's all well and good, but there are many of us that don't file a tax return. My last filing was 2018. I received the first stimulus based on my 2018 filing which was not a true representation of my income status. I don't qualify with my retirement income to file now. The 'Get My Payment' option at the IRS has no information for me now. I assume I've dropped into a hole they have forgotten.

Trusted Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

@northiie57 ===> That's all well and good, but there are many of us that don't file a tax return. My last filing was 2018. I received the first stimulus based on my 2018 filing which was not a true representation of my income status. I don't qualify with my retirement income to file now. The 'Get My Payment' option at the IRS has no information for me now. I assume I've dropped into a hole they have forgotten.

you can still file for free and use the recovery rebate form....they have a link on their site for free

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/recovery-rebate-credit

Honored Contributor

they only take into account your annual income, not other stuff

joint return can get one if under 124,000

75,000 if single.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the alert.

I haven't received my check, but feel better that, eventually, I will receive it, in 'one way or another'. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

If we don't get this second stimulus check, I wonder if we could still file the rebate recovery form on our 2020 tax return. My husband was terminated from his job on October 16, 2020 from a Petroleum Company because of Covid, On our 2020 tax we will have his income for 2020 plus 1 year of severance, that would put us way over the limit.

Trusted Contributor

President Biden just spoke on tv and said he is seriously going to look into why some families did not receive their check yet....so hopefully might not have to file Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I read on Yahoo was, Biden is going to help people who didn't get the first round of stimulus checks.