Respected Contributor

love the weather gizmo.

Respected Contributor

Hi, pianomama, For a unique gift, you may need to provide details of her interests and hobbies. I am one who does not like to receive or give cash or gift cards, but the gift has to be tailored to the giftee.

Does she like music, too? Is there an author or composer or entertainer she likes? Tickets to a show or concert are a lovely gift, if you know she is free to attend. Would a pass for a few hours at a good day spa, for a facial (say) be welcome? One of my brothers collects certain types of books, which makes him very easy to shop for. Another is a Disney fanatic, his whole family, and they are fun to shop for as well.

Think a bit more about what she really likes.

Honored Contributor
Does she like to take adventures? Get tickets to something for the two of you. Movies, museum, theater, aquarium, antiquing, pottery class, etc. You can round the day out with either a late breakfast or lunch on you.
Super Contributor

You all have great suggestions. She is the minister of music, and I am the pianist. We have worked together and have been friends for almost 20 years so we have given each other just about everything. I hesitate to give her jewelry or clothing, as she has specific tastes. She is not a big reader so that lets books out. Gift cards are always nice, and I have given her those plus some other little something to go with it.. The nice thing about gift cards is there are TONS of them for anything you want to do. So-you have given me some wonderful ideas and keep 'em coming if you think of other things. Thank you!Smile

Valued Contributor
To me, gift cards are one of the best gifts, most older people have enough stuff, but to have a gift card to go out to eat, get a massage or mani/pedi is a little luxury, ,....like you said there are so many to choose from,.....the thing people need to remember though is to be certain, it is a place/activity the recipient would really want......not something we would like,lol.
Super Contributor

Maybe a snuggly electric throw, so she can sit in warm heaven as she watches movies. It may sound goofy, but it's my Dad's favorite gift that he's gotten for years.

Honored Contributor
On 12/2/2014 Georgie the 5th said:

A $50 donation in her name to the New Jersey Schnauzer Rescue Network.

Hi Georgie, Smile

I got two of my three mini schnauzers through them. They are an AWESOME rescue.

When each of my girls passed, I sent a donation in their name.

They are so appreciative of any donation.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor
On 12/3/2014 dmod nj said:

Hi Georgie, Smile

Hi Donna, yes, they are a wonderful organization. We got our 2nd and 3rd minis from NJSRN but our 4th and 5th from a rescue in FL. You really understand and appreciate a well run organization [NJ] after you deal with a less than efficient one [FL]. Do you follow their facebook page? My hub just send a donation to help with Elizabeth's medical bills. He's a real easy touch when it comes to dogs, minis in particular.

Honored Contributor
On 12/2/2014 Pianomama said:

You all have great suggestions. She is the minister of music, and I am the pianist. We have worked together and have been friends for almost 20 years so we have given each other just about everything. I hesitate to give her jewelry or clothing, as she has specific tastes. She is not a big reader so that lets books out. Gift cards are always nice, and I have given her those plus some other little something to go with it.. The nice thing about gift cards is there are TONS of them for anything you want to do. So-you have given me some wonderful ideas and keep 'em coming if you think of other things. Thank you!Smile

THEN- nothing beats an iTunes card. I have the BEST collection of music on my phone, and it's always changing and updationg.
Honored Contributor
On 12/3/2014 Georgie the 5th said:
On 12/3/2014 dmod nj said:

Hi Georgie, Smile

Hi Donna, yes, they are a wonderful organization. We got our 2nd and 3rd minis from NJSRN but our 4th and 5th from a rescue in FL. You really understand and appreciate a well run organization [NJ] after you deal with a less than efficient one [FL]. Do you follow their facebook page? My hub just send a donation to help with Elizabeth's medical bills. He's a real easy touch when it comes to dogs, minis in particular.

I do follow their facebook page.

If I ever get a mini again, I would go back to them in a heartbeat.

I wonder how a mini would do with my Jersey, an ALD?

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.