Honored Contributor

Re: Please enlarge your font

@on the bay wrote:

As others have said,

it really depends on the device you are reading from.

For example, those who said they have enlarged their font to 4 and people have said that's fine; if I read it from my iphone, it is very tiny. If I read that same post from my chromebook, it is fine.

My settings on chromebook are always set to 125%. I was using the # 3 font on these forums but I'll use #4 now.

I don't think anyone uses a small font purposely, it is just that they (or me) can enlarge it but it will still come out too small on different devices.

I think it has to do with, again, QVC's website which is not conducive to every device.

@on the bay   There is one poster that reduces her font to a size 1.  She has been told that it's too small to read and says it isn't too small for her and she likes it.  I pass by her posts.  They just are too hard for me to comfortably read.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack -

I didn't realize that.Maybe she doesn't care if people read or not I guess.

Btw, both our fonts look the same size now to me. I'm using a #4.

@Zhills -

I wanted to ask you what device and font you are using becaue when I was reading on my iphone, your font was one of the ones that were so easy to read. 

There were some others too but yours stood out.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay  This is 5.  On my desktop, I only get 5-6 words on a line.  Not the best for me to read.  You have to scroll a lot to read it all.

Tablets are cheap and will enlarge the font for the reader.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills -

Yes, this really shows me that it depends on the device we are reading and posting from.

As I said, on my iphone reading your post, it is the perfect size.

Reading the same post on my chromebook, it is really large, almost too large.

And I could be wrong but I do think it is QVC's site that has this particular problem.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

The world doesn't change because you want it to. Adapt, adjust to the forum.

Honored Contributor

I think everyone seems to be doing their best to adapt to the forums.

It would be nice if QVC would do the same-  adapt to advances in technology with their website.

But if they don't, that is their decision and yes we will keep adapting just like we were doing on this thread.

Honored Contributor

Question

To those saying,

“QVC programmers should be able to make the default to a larger font”.

What website do you frequent allows this?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

To easily enlarge the font of anything you're reading on a modern laptop computer (don't know about tablets or cellphones),   use the CTRL (control)  key on  the keyboard together with the  scrolling feature on your mouse.  Scroll upward.

Without a mouse, use the touch screen to increase the page and type size.   Put  thumb and forefinger together and then spread them apart vertically on the screen until you're satisfied with what you see,

Works like magic if some posts are too small ..  Make sure the touch-screen feature is available and activated on your device.

Maybe the folks on the Electronics forum here can be of better help.