Valued Contributor

Re: Please enlarge your font

We can't change the font default, but surely the Mods can!!!!

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I always choose the split second it takes to change the font to a “4,” and sometimes I use a “5.”  I have blurry vision and rarely read long posts with the default tiny font and, for some reason, they often seem to be in posts that do not have paragraphs inserted either.

I cannot believe it would be difficult to change that default to a larger font.  Any programmer could do it in a second.

Their programmer is pretty pathetic. I have told them this more than once but they continue to use him.

Respected Contributor

@ImaoldhippieI too sometimes have problems reading posts; however, it is difficult for everyone to remember to enlarge their font size before typing.  It is also difficult to get the message out to everyone.

My solution was to enlarge my screen size.  I hold down the Ctrl key and hit the plus sign +.  Keep holding down the Ctrl key and tapping the plus sign + until you get the screen size that is most comfortable for you. 

If you find on other sites the screen is too large, simply hold down the Ctrl key and tap the minus sign - until you are satisfied.

Honored Contributor

@hellodali ..............thanks for the info, but rather than go through all that I just dont read the tiny print posts.  I will keep this in mind though in case I change my mind.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

There used to be someone who posted on this board and made her print tiny every time.  She might have had something interesting to say, but I never read any of her posts.  It's just too hard, and my eyes aren't that bad.

Occasionally someone would tell her they passed over her posts for that reason.  Her reply was always that it wasn't hard for her to read, and she liked it that size.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion, @Imaoldhippie -- I agree.  But sometimes it depends on the computer or browser the post is sent from.  Posters have no control over what my browser receives.  You might type in a "6" but my computer screen shows a "2."  

It's all the colors that bother my eyes.  I sometimes skip over blue and green posts, but totally ignore the yellow gold or red.  Or fancy fonts - I tend to ignore them too.   On my computer screen, I can increase font size to be readable, but I can't change the type of font or color.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@hellodali ..............thanks for the info, but rather than go through all that I just dont read the tiny print posts.  I will keep this in mind though in case I change my mind.

Well honestly this would take you less than a second to do and it would be much easier than expecting everyone on here to increase their font size. Plus it would help with any sites you visit where it's a problem.

Honored Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@ImaoldhippieI too sometimes have problems reading posts; however, it is difficult for everyone to remember to enlarge their font size before typing.  It is also difficult to get the message out to everyone.

My solution was to enlarge my screen size.  I hold down the Ctrl key and hit the plus sign +.  Keep holding down the Ctrl key and tapping the plus sign + until you get the screen size that is most comfortable for you. 

If you find on other sites the screen is too large, simply hold down the Ctrl key and tap the minus sign - until you are satisfied.

@hellodali 

This is a very logical...and usable...solution for anyone with sight issues.

Esteemed Contributor

I began increasing the size of my font when someone mentioned this before.  It’s easy to do and becomes habit after a while.  I was using size 3 but changed to 4 based on this thread.  It makes life easier for others and only takes a second. 

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I only see font I. One size on my iPad....is mine small on your computer?

@dex 

Looks small for my old eyes, and it would be a 3 font with my Samsung tablet. My post is a 4. I am guessing if I look at your post on my desktop, it will probably be bigger. The 4 font, from my looking at it right now, seems like a good size, to me anyways.

hckynut

hckynut(john)