Trusted Contributor

Re: Please enlarge your font

[ Edited ]

Yes, @ahoymate - everyone can make their own adjustments, but with so much variation being utilized, they'd be adjusting per post - sometimes within the same post, from thread to thread. Most sites don't have this issue. One sensible default font type and size by default. 

There are some who just choose to use extremely large or scrunched, colorful, harder to read type fonts. Either to seem creative or to stand out. They only stand out as immature, self-absorbed and obnoxious, imo. I scroll past those posts quickly. 

A little common courtesy for the vision-impaired among us is not too much to ask. They have every right to comfortably enjoy this community, too - without getting a blinding headache. 

It's one quick click to increase your font size, so that all can better read what you have to share. 

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Isn't it just easier for you to increase the size from your own computer? 

All these different font settings look horrible...

i definitely find it easier and i totally agree @Bri369 .

i can minimize, maximize, and can set my page size to so many different percentages. right now i am at 110%.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45   I too have mine set on 110%.  However, there are times when I have to bump it up a bit more, but that takes about a second to hold down two keys instead of hundreds of people trying to figure out what is comfortable for me.

I'm sure there could be an adjustment made to the site; however, what if someone with worse vision signs on and still isn't comfortable with that adjustment?

I prefer doing for myself because I know my needs.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

How about now? Just kidding!❤️ I am a people pleaser.🤣

Regular Contributor

As others have mentioned, you can do this yourself. Adjust your screen by using the widgets at the top. Not sure what device you have. Better to do it yourself than expect others to accomodate. Just saying................

Honored Contributor

Everyone has different computers, devices, etc. Personally, I’m not going to to adjust mine to be able to see someone else’s. 

I change my font to 4 every time I post. If I see a post with mini print, I skip on by.

Respected Contributor

I agree this site could change things and upgrade but

I dont think they want to!!

My eyes are fine but I like larger font and color. I agree not that pale color that is hard for anyone to read!

Respected Contributor

Rather than the posters enlarging their fonts, can't the reader enlarge the page themselves?  My Ipad allows me to enlarge text, photos, just about anything on the screen. On my desktop, I can select parts of pages or the entire page and enlarge it.  Finally, how about getting reading glasses?  They work wonders! 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

BTW, I've always increased my screen size to 125% to view the QVC website and these forums.   Easy peasy.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

As others have said,

it really depends on the device you are reading from.

For example, those who said they have enlarged their font to 4 and people have said that's fine; if I read it from my iphone, it is very tiny. If I read that same post from my chromebook, it is fine.

My settings on chromebook are always set to 125%. I was using the # 3 font on these forums but I'll use #4 now.

I don't think anyone uses a small font purposely, it is just that they (or me) can enlarge it but it will still come out too small on different devices.

I think it has to do with, again, QVC's website which is not conducive to every device.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"