Contributor

Please call, if you can - help save mill dogs

- I am putting this in viewpoints (added it here) so it gets read

- I am not coming back to this thread. Not out of any disrespect but because some individuals can get ugly. I work in animal rescue, and can't take any more ugly.

- I want to thank you in advance for your help, your calls, and any support and awareness you can lend to this.

- The situation in a nutshell: A few months ago, the voters of Missouri voted to limit the amount of "mill dogs" a puppy miller could have. Individuals who make $$$ from these mills came forward and said they people of Missouri didn't know what they were talking about, and the law should be repealed. The state of Missouri is now working on a compromise. Look, if you don't know what a puppy mill is google it, if you think you can handle it. If you do know, and think it's sick, please consider calling, and saying this compromise is not right. It doesn't matter if you live in Missouri or not. I am here to tell you, I have held dogs after they were released from their mill. I have two puppy mill dogs. It has done something to me. It changed me. It changes anyone who works with these animals. Please, call if you can.

<h6 class="uiStreamMessage">Folks, please call Missouri Gov. Nixon at 573-751-3222 and tell him the compromise is NOT acceptable and to VETO SB 113. According to someone who called today, they are still tallying up the calls on both sides, so we need to make our voices heard!</h6>

If you can't, I understand, but please, don't buy a dog or cat from a pet store.