Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please allow me to vent - ShopHq

@Sage04 wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@moonandthestars wrote:

UGH!!!  I had purchased some compression undergarments from SHOPhq because I'm going to an event soon (I think)  and thought maybe they might help my look.  Anyway, it ended up being a crazy and upsetting month because I've had some health and dental emergencies and all that goes with that. So time got a bit away from me.  There was also July 4th which messed up schedules and post office availability.  Anyway, I did not like these garments, packed them up, paid more than $10 to ship them back and was wondering why my account had not been credited.  So I called today and was told I shipped a few days after the 30 days and they are on their way back to me.  No email.  No pass for my first minorly late return.   This is expensive.  And I am incredibly mad.  I guess I'm done with Shophq. Shouldn't I be?  I've been a long term customer but now I have to eat more than $200 for items I do not want and will not wear.  They could have handled this so much better.  They could have treated me with respect.

Hopefully you guys agree with me and can support me!  This is a lot of money to waste. 

Plus I had a big dental procedure yesterday! ugh.  

@moonandthestars  sorry this happened to you, but that's the way it works. It would have been the same if the return was over 30 days here at QVC and HSN. Can you sell it?  Hope you feel better soon.

No, HSN gives you a credit toward your next purchase. They call it something but I forget what.

@Judaline  that's a great idea because that means the customer will have to use the credit or lose it.

Just checked and it said that returns that are received after 30 days at HSN are sent back to the customer.

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

I know this is different but I have a neighbor who had covid for a while and didn't know whether he would make it. Came through it but in the meantime he missed two car payments. He was reported to the different agencies as late.

He told them he had covid and they asked why didn't he call. Isn't that something. The last thing you would be thinking about is making your car payments.

So last month he wanted to buy a house, these two late payments are messing him up and they refuse to remove them so therefore he can't get the house. If only.

The OP could have been given a second chance and my neighbor could have been given a second chance but the people in charge decided not to.

@Sage04 Years ago I worked at a mortgage company.  Anyone with blemishes on their credit report was allowed to write an explanation letter as to what happened, and that was considered by the underwriter when they decided whether or not to approve the mortgage loan application. Surely he has some sort of proof he had covid and was out of sorts. When these credit "scores" first came onto the scene, they were considered an extra "tool" for qualification.  Then it seems that they became more and more important in the decision making, and any actual human thought and understanding was less important.  If you neighbor was turned down by one mortgage company, I hope he shops for another one.  There are still mortgage lenders out there who use some brains when underwriting a loan.

Sure @Puppy Lips   he can go to one of those "hard money" lenders and get a mortgage at a super high rate.  That's the way it goes.  If they bend the rules for one person, they have to bend it for everyone.  The scores are a way to keep it fair for everyone.  He needs to to back to the company he paid his car note late and see if they'll bend the rules and give him a better rating.  Then he can go back and get a regular mortgage.  However, the automobile creditor won't bend the rules for him either.  You can't bend rules anymore because then it will be discrimination if you do it for one, but not another.  Rules apply to everyone.

@San Antonio Gal  I disagree.  Scores are not a way to keep it fair for everyone. It is only one of the many markers.  EVERY situation is different.  No one has the exact same credit history, credit score, work history, liquid assets, investment/downpayment in the home, etc.  He has a legitimate reason why his car payments were late.  Underwriting is an art, not a cut and dried formula, at least it used to be.  If no human reasoning or thought is needed, well then we have lost even more of our humanity than I thought.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden Thank you so much for understanding my point of view.  And thank you for such a kind post.  I found it quite soothing - just what I needed!

I'm sorry you too are and have been having dental issues.  So upsetting!  Hope you have great care and it all resolves quickly and happily.  Hoping the same for me Smiley Happy

That is a good idea for the Shophq items.  Whenever I receive them back I will do something nice with them. 

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@moonandthestars    Oh Dental issues... non stop for me sadly... always a tooth bothering me or a crown falls off... I do think that being a great customer they could have given you a grace on this return and just told you for future returns that the 30 day policy is what they go by... that way they would not lose a good custormer.... just my opinion.   

HEY... just an idea... gather them up and give to good will.... make out a receipt for taxes in 2022 and write them all off as a donation... that is what I do  with anything I decide to not keep from a shopping channel now rather than send things back and pay shipping.... you can write them off for the full amount. 

Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

I agree with @SeaMaiden @moonandthestars  they should have allowed a one time exception. A lot of companies do this. They could have also offered a credit instead. 

You got a lot of scolding here today.  You clearly asked "please allow me to vent". Venting means listening not scolding. So yes, you can vent and some of us will listen. 

Life happens, and time does get away from us. I feel bad for you. Good luck with the dental issues. That's enough to make anyone miserable. 

@manny2 Thank you also for such a kind post and showing an understanding my point of view!  It is so appreciated.  It really is soothing to my psyche - what I needed! I find it good medicine. 

I have also been very surprised at the scolding and negative comments I've received.  Sigh. 

Thanks also for the good wishes re: my dental. 
Respected Contributor

I do thank all those who have taken the time to post on this thread.  Not everyone has agreed with my point of view but many were respectful and kind.  Even if they didn't agree they mentioned that gently and gave me good wishes for my health and my dental issues.  Not everyone has been so kind.  Honestly, I don't want or need to be scolded. I took a deep breath and let go my anger at the situation.  It's not make or break for me.  However now I find myself upset with all the negative posts coming in my direction.  Stop!  I am not naive, I do have a respect for rules, I do not feel entitled, I am not spoiled or self centered or immature.  I did not blame the company for my own lateness. I do not need to adjust my expectations in life,  I'd rather be naturally optimistic for positive things, for people doing what I feel is the right thing,  and risk being temporarily upset if someone acts otherwise, or things go otherwise,  than go through my life with low expections.  One exception to that however might be have to be this board though.   I do have an understanding and respect for business.  I do know there are rules.  I also have an understanding of the concept of good will.  I am surpised at how many here do not know that concept and feel good about the ridigity of rules - always. There is discretion that can be taken at times.   Some are acting that there if you allow some rule to be bent or make any allowances then there would be some kind of bedlam. It's ridiculous.  They know all our stats. how much we order, pay ontime?  do alot of returns.? they could also know if we  have not had a late return before and offer a nice gesture to any customers who finds themselves first offenders and let them off with a warning saying there can't be a next time.  Cementing relationships is an important part of business. 

I am still recovering.  My mouth is still swollen.  I'm still tired.  So pleae if you must respond negatively, just temper it. make it more gentle please.  thanks.

Respected Contributor

Oh, brother! Now who is passive aggressively scolding?

The concept that someone post a vent and expect all to feel the same and be supportive seems unrealistic to me. Then those not in agreement are accused of lacking goodwill. Oh, brother.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@moonandthestars wrote:

UGH!!!  I had purchased some compression undergarments from SHOPhq because I'm going to an event soon (I think)  and thought maybe they might help my look.  Anyway, it ended up being a crazy and upsetting month because I've had some health and dental emergencies and all that goes with that. So time got a bit away from me.  There was also July 4th which messed up schedules and post office availability.  Anyway, I did not like these garments, packed them up, paid more than $10 to ship them back and was wondering why my account had not been credited.  So I called today and was told I shipped a few days after the 30 days and they are on their way back to me.  No email.  No pass for my first minorly late return.   This is expensive.  And I am incredibly mad.  I guess I'm done with Shophq. Shouldn't I be?  I've been a long term customer but now I have to eat more than $200 for items I do not want and will not wear.  They could have handled this so much better.  They could have treated me with respect.

Hopefully you guys agree with me and can support me!  This is a lot of money to waste. 

@moonandthestars  sorry this happened to you, but that's the way it works. It would have been the same if the return was over 30 days here at QVC and HSN. Can you sell it?  Hope you feel better soon.

No, HSN gives you a credit toward your next purchase. They call it something but I forget what.

Wow, I stand corrected. I only had the problem once and asked the gentleman on the phone if I would still get a refund after my return was late and he told me he would give me a credit (it was something with the word money in it, lol) Or maybe he just took a liking to me, haha. OR maybe that's all changed since that time. Anyway, sorry for the "bum steer".

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Etoile308 wrote:

Oh, brother! Now who is passive aggressively scolding?

The concept that someone post a vent and expect all to feel the same and be supportive seems unrealistic to me. Then those not in agreement are accused of lacking goodwill. Oh, brother.

@Etoile308     Apparently you have misunderstood most of what I said,  And goodwill is a business term!

Copied from google:

"In business terms, "goodwill" is a catch-all category for assets that cannot be monetized directly or priced individually. Assets like customer loyalty, ..."

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@moonandthestars wrote:

Wow, I stand corrected. I only had the problem once and asked the gentleman on the phone if I would still get a refund after my return was late and he told me he would give me a credit (it was something with the word money in it, lol) Or maybe he just took a liking to me, haha. OR maybe that's all changed since that time. Anyway, sorry for the "bum steer".

@Judaline  reading this Post made me laugh. You're funny. Thanks!!

Esteemed Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

I do thank all those who have taken the time to post on this thread.  Not everyone has agreed with my point of view but many were respectful and kind.  Even if they didn't agree they mentioned that gently and gave me good wishes for my health and my dental issues.  Not everyone has been so kind.  Honestly, I don't want or need to be scolded. I took a deep breath and let go my anger at the situation.  It's not make or break for me.  However now I find myself upset with all the negative posts coming in my direction.  Stop!  I am not naive, I do have a respect for rules, I do not feel entitled, I am not spoiled or self centered or immature.  I did not blame the company for my own lateness. I do not need to adjust my expectations in life,  I'd rather be naturally optimistic for positive things, for people doing what I feel is the right thing,  and risk being temporarily upset if someone acts otherwise, or things go otherwise,  than go through my life with low expections.  One exception to that however might be have to be this board though.   I do have an understanding and respect for business.  I do know there are rules.  I also have an understanding of the concept of good will.  I am surpised at how many here do not know that concept and feel good about the ridigity of rules - always. There is discretion that can be taken at times.   Some are acting that there if you allow some rule to be bent or make any allowances then there would be some kind of bedlam. It's ridiculous.  They know all our stats. how much we order, pay ontime?  do alot of returns.? they could also know if we  have not had a late return before and offer a nice gesture to any customers who finds themselves first offenders and let them off with a warning saying there can't be a next time.  Cementing relationships is an important part of business. 

I am still recovering.  My mouth is still swollen.  I'm still tired.  So pleae if you must respond negatively, just temper it. make it more gentle please.  thanks.

@moonandthestars  just reading your last sentence gives me the impression that you expect things to go your way. Nothing wrong with wanting it that way, but sometimes it doesn't and you are giving us something to talk about. Why should anyone "make it more gentle" just because that's what you want?

I know you are in pain. Try and relax and you don't have to respond to a Post if you think it's negative. A few people here have had the same thing happen to them (returns sent back) and they had to accept it. Don't know if you see this as a negative Post, but that's ok.

Just relax and the pain and the swelling would go away. All of this is getting you upset. I'm telling you to relax and that's not something I'm good at lol.