Honored Contributor

Re: Please add your favorite wipes/ purpose?

@Tinkrbl44

Great idea for using the wipes supplied by the grocery store!

@noodleann

That is really horrible!

@Shanus

Good to know about the Purity wipes

Thank you everyone for these suggestions.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

One last hint: When I clean, dust house, I use wipes to clean all remotes and computer keyboards....anything like that is touched often and gets contaminated easily. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel

You are right... Wet Wipes wipes are antibacterial and the package says "do not use in eyes." 

So, based on a review I read, someone had luck using these for their eyes so I tried it last night.

WHOA!!! The skin around my eyes was quite irritated and red! Won't do that again.❤️

The condition I have is blepharitis. My Opthalmologist suggested using eyelid wipes (such as OCUSOFT) and those are more tolerable.  The condition tends to be chronic, though, so I will be using wipes of some sort probably forever.

@LTT1  Ah.  I was just reading about blepharitis the other day.  I wondered if it might be something like that, but couldn't imagine Wet Wipes being good for the eyes.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

If y'all are disposing of them in the toilet, please make sure they are FLUSHABLE.  

I know anything is flushable, but some of these wipes are not meant for that purpose and will not deteriorate over time.   Cottonelle is Flushable.  I notice that more and more wipes are flushable now.  

Just a FYI

ETA:  It's also a good idea to take Lyson and/or Clorox wipes in a ziplock bag along in your purse, just in case you are travelling and need to use a "public" restroom.

I've seen footage of machinery in sewer processing plants becoming clogged with FLUSHABLE wipes. They're not breaking down, or at least some/most are not. I NEVER, EVER FLUSH A WIPE REGARDLESS OF LABEL. I think it would be wise to do the same until we have proof from the companies that their wipes really do break down QUICKLY and do not clog the processing machinery.

I've seen footage of this kind of thing, too, @noodleann. The sanitation person said they do not break down.  There are several YouTube videos of this problem.  Since we have our own septic system and don't want problems, I have a little bottle of sprayer of water in my bathroom and spray the TP.  (I can't believe I just shared that.)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always keep some wet wipes in our vehicles. Those are so useful out there. 

Have the antibacterial wipes in the bathrooms for quick wipe downs when I'm not doing a thorough cleaning. Also use them to clean all phones and remotes. 

When I broke my foot and had to wear a boot, someone in my family would help wipe the bottom of the boot off when I went out for my doctor appointment and came home.  This was the boot I had to keep on all the time, including wearing to bed, so I wanted it clean. Antibacterial wipes -- yay!

Respected Contributor

I use Lysol or Chlorox wipes for household use as well but wear gloves. They are usually saturated when you pull 1 out and feel it's safer for the body to wear gloves. 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1

I take these when I travel and will not have access to laundry- no liquids to worry about in the carry on.  I keep some at school as well, just in case.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

Great idea for a time to always clean the phone.

@Teddie

Good to know! During leg sprains/injuries/breaks, antibacterial wipes can be used to keep everything clean.

@truffle

Great idea! Wear gloves when using the strong ones.

@lolakimono

Your favorite is Shout for fabric cleanup due to spills, etc. I have not used these and will look into getting some.

@mistriTsquirrel

Forgot to add that today, after trying the Wet Ones last night on my lashes, I am at least, not blind lol

To everyone... thank you for sharing your most "intimate" secrets!!! Lol

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Unscented wipes in a small ice chest/cooler when traveling around in warmer climates.  I often buy unscented wipes when they are on sale, and always have them handy in the kitchen. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't really know what to expect when I opened this thread.

Didn't know what a 'wipe' was.

Guess I'm Old School...soap/water/towel.