Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please Tell Me About "As Is" Products

I have purchased numerous clothing items "as is."  They all looked brand new to me and I had no issues at all.  I got some really good deals that way.  So shop away!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Well, after thinking about it too long, the item has sold out.  I was not meant to have it.  It is all good.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl  I've never had any issues.  I buy "as-is" all the time, and on the couple of instances where it was broken or not as described, I returned and didn't have to pay for shipping either way. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

I've had good luck with "as is" items, and have gotten a number of garments this way that wouldn't have fit my budget otherwise. Usually they are like new. A few returns on things that were damaged in some way, but except for the hassle, no problems. I would not buy jewelry as-is because I feel it's more likely to be defective than clothing. I probably wouldn't buy electric or battery operated items, either.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl  Do it !! I have purchased dozens of items from "as is" with no problems whatsoever. Yes, they can be returned, but I don't think I've ever had to return anything. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein