Contributor

The New Balance shoes I''ve purchased at their stores have great arch support but they cost over $100 and did not have a removable insole.

Just based on the description of these shoes, you would probably need your own Vionic or Spenco insole.

Hard pass for me.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Shoes either have arch support or memory foam.  If they mentioned any kind of cushioning or foam or anything like that...no arch support.  Memory foam is a great deal cheaper then arch support.  Just look at Sketchers.  Arch support shoes are $80.00 plus and are never, never on sale.  Almost all memory foam shoes are.  They are also half the price of shoes with arch support.  Memory is fine if you don't need a support.  It's a reasonably cheaper version of shoe support.  Memory foam supports your head while you sleep.  In might as well do the same while you walk.

@songbird   So correct about $80 and up. Clark's used to have great arch support. All my sandals are Clark's from Q or Amazon. Unfortunately, the cost must have been too high and any recent Clark's shoes have been a disappointment. 

All my sandals are from Teva.  They do have arch support.  But they are expensive.  $90.00 up and we're talkin sandals. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Shoes either have arch support or memory foam.  If they mentioned any kind of cushioning or foam or anything like that...no arch support.  Memory foam is a great deal cheaper then arch support.  Just look at Sketchers.  Arch support shoes are $80.00 plus and are never, never on sale.  Almost all memory foam shoes are.  They are also half the price of shoes with arch support.  Memory is fine if you don't need a support.  It's a reasonably cheaper version of shoe support.  Memory foam supports your head while you sleep.  In might as well do the same while you walk.

@songbird   So correct about $80 and up. Clark's used to have great arch support. All my sandals are Clark's from Q or Amazon. Unfortunately, the cost must have been too high and any recent Clark's shoes have been a disappointment. 

All my sandals are from Teva.  They do have arch support.  But they are expensive.  $90.00 up and we're talkin sandals. 

@songbird  ITA, but when feet hurt, everything hurts from feet to calves and on up to back sometimes. I just purchase one or two pr. in neutral colors and they last years. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Shanus  If they say a shoe does not have arch support, it won't sell.  But if you say you float like a cloud in this shoe, it will.

@songbird   Supposedly I was supposed to float like a cloud in a pair of cloudsteppers and I'm still on the ground.

I agree with another poster-if arch support isn't mentioned, it probably has none.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@dmeasy wrote:

Hosts please show or discuss the amount of arch support is in any shoe that is being described.  I never heard anything about the TSV this morn.  For me to buy that shoe and have to return it because this info was not discussed is sad. The most imporetant part of the shoe is the arch support.  thank you.

@dmeasy    Arch supports are a big selling point in shoes.  They demand a higher price if they have them.  If it's not mentioned loud and clear, I'd assume there is none.  They often scrimp when they make TSVs.

Consider NurseMate shoes, often sold on Zulily at great prices.  The have great arch supports plus the shoes themselves are very supportive. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There was a Alegria shoe where arch support was mentioned....  I agree if the vendor nor the host dont mention support---there is NONE! STAY AWAY!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@dmeasy wrote:

Hosts please show or discuss the amount of arch support is in any shoe that is being described.  I never heard anything about the TSV this morn.  For me to buy that shoe and have to return it because this info was not discussed is sad. The most imporetant part of the shoe is the arch support.  thank you.

@dmeasy 

While it is nice if every shoe has at least some arch support, that will never happen. 

Have you got any inserts with an arch?   You can slip them into just about any shoe, and some of them out there do a very good job of supporting. 

Even if you don't buy them, check out the Dr Scholl's displays in stores.  

Trusted Contributor

Not all arch supports are created equal.  Some make your feet feel great while others fail miserably.  I do occasionally buy the pillow supports from Dr Scholls that you cut down to size and they work great for me.  Granted no arch support but just a soft cushion.  I'd rather have that than a worthless arch support that just takes up space in the shoe making it tighter. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Please P:l,ease

[ Edited ]

I buy running shoes for walking and the gym. I like Brooks and Asics brands. My doctor told me to use orthodic inserts after I had plantar fasciatis. I also have a high arch. Every time I buy new running shoes, I buy a new orthodic insert recommended by my doctor.The insert alone is $40 but I have had no feet problem since using them.