Honored Contributor

Re: Please,Oh Please,make these boards stop bouncing:(

@biancardi wrote:

this is a QVC error (or who ever wrote their code here).  It is how the pages are loading - there are 3 sections to this page, at least.  The top nav bar, the middle section that changes all the time (now it is christmas in july) and then the forum pages.

How they are loading those pages is the problem - I can tell that the top nav and the forum pages are loading first and then the stupid changing banner loads last - because that is what is causing the bouncing.

The Q need to write their html code for all browsers and apps & they obviously haven't done this.

Just tell me this:  Is it really that complicated to make this site iPad friendly?  I had learned how to work around the tiny font and lack of paragraphs, with help from DBD and a few others, but no one seems to have figured out a way to quote with the iPad.

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

this is a QVC error (or who ever wrote their code here).  It is how the pages are loading - there are 3 sections to this page, at least.  The top nav bar, the middle section that changes all the time (now it is christmas in july) and then the forum pages.

How they are loading those pages is the problem - I can tell that the top nav and the forum pages are loading first and then the stupid changing banner loads last - because that is what is causing the bouncing.

The Q need to write their html code for all browsers and apps & they obviously haven't done this.

Just tell me this:  Is it really that complicated to make this site iPad friendly?  I had learned how to work around the tiny font and lack of paragraphs, with help from DBD and a few others, but no one seems to have figured out a way to quote with the iPad.

mobile device code is different.  Are you using the web browser on the iPad or an app?  An app - very different from the normal desktop/laptop version.  Web browser, there will be some functions that can be different and difficult.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

I'm using my iPad's browser.
Respected Contributor

Yes, it's still terrible from the iPad browser and there's no forum on the iPad app.
Trusted Contributor

OK-I understand that not EVERYONE'S boards bounce and there are tech ways to take care of it-but it is the only thing on my computer that bounces like that ,so I bet that it could be taken care of on QVC's end because I have no idea how to fix it. Could you please help those of us who get motion-sick trying to enjoy talking on these boards? I'm thinking there is a fix,since I have no other sites that do this.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have the same issue on my iPad. Can't tell you how many times I'm clicked on something I didn't want because of the bouncing.

Now I wait until the page completely loads and settles down before I make my next move. Woman Frustrated

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

My iPad is still bouncing quite a bit. If I want to Reply....I click on the icon, get up & get a drink of water, then come back to begin writing. I usually type my responses out on Notes where I can edit quickly...then cut/paste to this box. It's much easier than typing straight.

Plus...have you had issues with tapping on a forum...say,, "Community Chat" and nothing happens? Then I double tap to activate it again...& the screen gets HUGE! Boy, that'll wake me up in the morning! Ha.