Honored Contributor

Re: Please Let People Know What Your Topic is About

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I enjoy the pictures in the pet forum.

Dont open that thread of it you dont like it.

@Imaoldhippie 

I do, too!   

They are sweet, funny and adorable.  What's not to like?  lol

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

I got a good laugh reading this post!  No one is FORCING anyone to do ANYTHING on these Forums, lol.  Trying to shame others for not doing what YOU want is ridiculously petty.

If you want to click on a post, do it.  If you find you aren't interested in it, click out of it.  Simple.

There is no wrong or right way to make a post.  Geez!

@snipsnapsnur   @Sooner 

That's not correct, and I suggest you get up to speed here. 

First, take the time to read QVC's Standards for the Forums.  Yes, they have RULES and can permanently ban you if they choose to do so.  Their board, their rules.  You shouldn't be surprised by this.

Secondly, google Message Board Etiquette and see all the commentary.   Some post rules and others have points that are strongly suggested.  

Unless your only intention is to always be rude and disruptive, it's good to know what's considered Good Manners on social media.

JMO, of course.  Woman Happy

Ok, thanks for taking it literally, lol.

Respected Contributor

This thread reminds me of something a very funny, wise poster here said not too long ago:

"You people would argue over a free lunch!" Smiley Happy

I am sorry, I cannot remember who said it but it made me laugh.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It just seems like common sense to me. Think about what you choose to put in the subject line for an email at work.  Vague subject lines are certainly frowned upon.  Law firm offices might put the name of the case and then add a dash and put what's needed (Smith v. Jones - Answer deadline has passed).  Another corporate office email might be entitled "Need input for 8-30-23 business development meeting."

Honored Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

I got a good laugh reading this post!  No one is FORCING anyone to do ANYTHING on these Forums, lol.  Trying to shame others for not doing what YOU want is ridiculously petty.

If you want to click on a post, do it.  If you find you aren't interested in it, click out of it.  Simple.

There is no wrong or right way to make a post.  Geez!

@snipsnapsnur   @Sooner 

That's not correct, and I suggest you get up to speed here. 

First, take the time to read QVC's Standards for the Forums.  Yes, they have RULES and can permanently ban you if they choose to do so.  Their board, their rules.  You shouldn't be surprised by this.

Secondly, google Message Board Etiquette and see all the commentary.   Some post rules and others have points that are strongly suggested.  

Unless your only intention is to always be rude and disruptive, it's good to know what's considered Good Manners on social media.

JMO, of course.  Woman Happy

Ok, thanks for taking it literally, lol.

@snipsnapsnur 

Of course we have to take comments literally.  Message board communication is taking the posters' comments at face value. 

We don't know the posters here and don't have the benefit of communication cues like facial expressions, vocal inflection, body language and other means that help interpret meaning.  Just words.

If you think I shouldn't "take it literally" are you saying you really meant something else, but didn't say what you actually meant?  

Valued Contributor

I have to agree with @Sooner and many others on this thread. I view it as a simple common courtesy to let other posters know what you want to discuss.

If you can type a cryptic thread title, then you can just as easily type a descriptive title.
Esteemed Contributor

@sugar plum wrote:
I have to agree with @Sooner and many others on this thread. I view it as a simple common courtesy to let other posters know what you want to discuss.

If you can type a cryptic thread title, then you can just as easily type a descriptive title.

@sugar plum  and the ones who can't or won't put two or three more words to the Title, are the ones who post these long, long Posts without paragraphs. I usually pass those by.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can make a suggestion without sounding so cross and bossy about things. You seem often annoyed here by something or another, 

Honored Contributor

I can only speak for myself, but I would like to see more people post, it is nice to hear other topics and points of view. It seems counterproductive to make posters self conscious about how they title their posts. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@Sooner , I agree with you.  

I'd also wish when people post, if the post is going to be a long one, they would make paragraphs.

There is one thread that a poster started with no paragraphs.  And it's very long.  I had an interest in it until I saw everything running together.  IMO, paragraphs make it an easier read.

@HisElk1  - If the post is long and there are no paragraphs, oftentimes  I will skip over it.

Me too. The real long ones with no paragraphs I won't even read and move on.