Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please Let People Know What Your Topic is About

I opened a Thread called "last Nite" only to realize it was about the Hosts "drinking wine". If I knew what it was about I would have left it alone.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Taunts.

Enticements.

Lures.

Bait.

Or plain old fashioned laziness?

A few more words, a few extra keystrokes, hit key, hit key, hit key, hit key and Walla! Walla!

Problem solved for all.

Walla!

Valued Contributor

I got a good laugh reading this post!  No one is FORCING anyone to do ANYTHING on these Forums, lol.  Trying to shame others for not doing what YOU want is ridiculously petty.

If you want to click on a post, do it.  If you find you aren't interested in it, click out of it.  Simple.

There is no wrong or right way to make a post.  Geez!

Trusted Contributor

if you're posting here enough it means you have free time. Free time to explore the topics without a dissertation in the topic line. A few seconds of reading something which doesn't interest you is a frivolous complaint, imo.

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

@Sooner 

With all due respect, that was not, IMO, the way your opening statement came accross.

"absolutely full"

"Why on earth can't people"

"enjoys being taunted"

@JillyMarie My apologies to you.  Not my intent. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes   Perhaps the mods could be petitioned to remove these types of posts. 

"This post has been removed by QVC because it is cryptic."

Why make extra work for the mods when topic titles that make sense is all that posters need to simply be mindful of?

You are right, of course, the mods certaintly don't need extra work.  But getting people to do what you want them to do is difficult if not impossible.

@JillyMarie I think you are making bigger deal out of this than is the point.  I made a suggestion.  Not something to write in the tax code.  I asked people if they would think about it because it is kinder to the others who enjoy reading topics here.  That's all.  

There is no such thing as simple here @Sooner . They come at you with the boxing gloves on.  

Respected Contributor

I think if someone starts a thread they do it because they want to communicate. I think having an informative title is not only effective communication but also considerate. 

Honored Contributor

You can't tell people what to do and not expect them to just sit back and not have an opinion about it.  

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

You can't tell people what to do and not expect them to just sit back and not have an opinion about it.  

@Bri369 I see it as a suggestion.  I don't see in this telling others what to do.  It is a suggestion to be more helpful to others.  How is that a bad thing?  To me it's simply a "good idea!" 

Honored Contributor

I enjoy the pictures in the pet forum.

Dont open that thread of it you dont like it.

Saving time & trouble. If I offend you, I am sorry.