Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 891
Registered: ‎03-18-2010

Please Don't Thank A Veteran On Memorial Day

This day is set aside for those who made the ultimate sacrifice - their lives - in service to their country.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,560
Registered: ‎12-31-2013

Re: Please Don't Thank A Veteran On Memorial Day

Don't say "Happy Memorial Day" to anyone.  It isn't a time of happy reflection. 

QVC Customer Care
Posts: 2,920
Registered: ‎06-14-2015

Re: Please Don't Thank A Veteran On Memorial Day

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,353
Registered: ‎01-27-2014

Re: Please Don't Thank A Veteran On Memorial Day

There's nothing wrong with thanking those who have served in the military anytime, including Memorial Day.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 891
Registered: ‎03-18-2010

Re: Please Don't Thank A Veteran On Memorial Day

Some like to include combat veterans who have served who have passed away, and this is all right with me, especially if they had severe injuries that contributed to their premature deaths. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,286
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Please Don't Thank A Veteran On Memorial Day

I can hardly see where it hurts to thank anyone for their service, whether it's Memorial Day or just a sunny Tuesday in September. 

 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Contributor
Posts: 70
Registered: ‎01-18-2014

Re: Please Don't Thank A Veteran On Memorial Day

My DH and I are both veterans. Feel free to tell either of us thanks for our service and sacrifice on Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, or any day. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Please Don't Thank A Veteran On Memorial Day


@gardensla wrote:

I can hardly see where it hurts to thank anyone for their service, whether it's Memorial Day or just a sunny Tuesday in September. 

 


*************************************

 

I agree.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Please Don't Thank A Veteran On Memorial Day


@Jpn10037 wrote:

My DH and I are both veterans. Feel free to tell either of us thanks for our service and sacrifice on Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, or any day. 


******************************

 

Good for you and thank you for your service.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 891
Registered: ‎03-18-2010

Re: Please Don't Thank A Veteran On Memorial Day


@Goldengate8361 wrote:

There's nothing wrong with thanking those who have served in the military anytime, including Memorial Day.


We vets (Air Force for me) are honored to step aside on this one day in order to salute our fallen brothers and sisters.