Honored Contributor

Re: Playwright Neil Simon 91 passed away

@qualitygal wrote:

Anytime that Neil Simon's name was on a show, I knew I wanted to see it.  There was a show ".......Suite" that I just loved.  Walter Matthau and Lee Grant were parents in it. The daughter had locked herself in the bathroom and was supposed to be going down to be married.  I laughed and laughed at that show.  I know he did others, but that was the one I liked.  

He's left us with good material.

@qualitygal   Plaza Suite. I agree it was a laugh out loud movie.

Well said @lovesrecess.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Love his work.
The Odd Couple
Barefoot in the Park
The Godbye Girl
Biloxi Blues
Lost in Yonkers

More combined Oscar and Tony nominations than any other writer, according to Wiki.
Regular Contributor

What a legend. Always loved watching the Odd Couple, Barefoot in the Park & Brighton Beach Memoirs. Hopefully TMC will honor him  with a night of his movies. His talent will be missed. What a legacy he leaves behind. May he rest in peace. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A few weeks ago I rode a subway past Brighton Beach.  Of course I immediately thought of Neil Simon's work.  It was the first time, ever, in my life that I was in the vicinity of Brighton Beach -- and now it no longer is an abstract thought.  From the train, it appeared to be a typical beach community.

Respected Contributor

Remember, no one is ever forgotten if you say his name.

Respected Contributor

neil simon - what a sense of humor.  his works will live on because a lot of them strike universal chords.