Frequent Contributor

Re: Plastic surgery in the DR?

@Kachina624  I think she means Dominican Republic.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi 

LOL!  Glad it's not just me!  I looked at DR and though, the driving range!?  Never thought of the Dominican Republic.  

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Watch out, or someone will come on ,and post the victim was probably drunk ,and it was all her fault. They think the Dominican Republic is a shining   place for everyone ,to do everything

@cherry I have never seen any post remotely suggesting that the DR is a shining place. That is a hugely misleading interpretation of many posts on the topic.

@lovesrecess, I read "DR" as Dominican Republic, :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

The two things I refuse to skimp on are plastic surgery and toilet paper.

Respected Contributor

I would be scared enough to do plastic surgery in the US and get a bad result, never would I venture to the DR for surgery! They have no rules there, you never know your surgeon might be an auto mechanic. I’ve seen enough episodes of Botched to know better. Why anyone is so desperate is beyond me. Just stay the way you are and be alive or foot the bill for a safe and board certified doctor here.

Respected Contributor

For those who aren't offended by pictures of the human body without the genitals and breasts blurred, there is a British tv show, called Botched Bodies.  It's on Netflix or Amazon, similar to Botched.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

SO STUPID.  They deserve what they get for saving a few bucks on a cosmetic procedure that is not even necessary.   I guess that is cold hearted of me. 😶

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

SO STUPID.  They deserve what they get for saving a few bucks on a cosmetic procedure that is not even necessary.   I guess that is cold hearted of me. 😶

Yes, a stupid decision perhaps, but I don't think it follows that she deserved to die.

All of us have made stupid decisions at one time or another, so I guess you're saying we all deserve to be dead. Wow.

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Yes, a stupid decision perhaps, but I don't think it follows that she deserved to die.

All of us have made stupid decisions at one time or another, so I guess you're saying we all deserve to be dead. Wow.

@nomless   Not all stupid decisions ARE SURGERY that is not even  necessary surgery.....You have turned what I posted around into your own words.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

These folks must have nerves of steel to go thur with any medical procedure in places like the DR.  I once saw a special and it was all about people going to India for their medical procedures....everything from hip replacement surgery to cosmetic procedures.  And yes it was due to cost...even though they truly had amazing medical facility and doctors that even trained here in the states doing the operations I still could'nt fly to another country and take that kind of RISK.  At least here I or my family would have legal rights to sue if gross negligence occurred.  You leave the good ole USA and you have ZERO rights. 

I feel very sorry for any of these people that risk their life for cheaper plastic surgery....I just wish nobody would ever do that