Honored Contributor

Re: Plastic sleeve specially sized for new medicare cards.

@esmerelda wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Allegheny

looks like you all have to go through a lot to get the new STAR ID/REAL ID.

luckily, in maryland, it was no problem at all if you already had a md drivers license, with no additional documentation needed.

@sunshine45 @Allegheny Maryland is a very easy and welcoming state...and not in a good way. 

@esmerelda.  Why is Md. Not good? How do you find out? Do you live there?

@proudlyfromNJ I did...for more years than not. But I left (still keep in touch) and more and more people are doing the same every year. 

@esmerelda.  Oh, we used to visit Annapolis all the time as our nephew went to the Naval Academy. We used to love it there. I guess if you live there it is different.

Honored Contributor

i am perfectly happy with my state of maryland......born and raised here.

"america in miniature"

Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am perfectly happy with my state of maryland......born and raised here.

"america in miniature"

Smiley Happy

We went to Deep Creek on our honeymoon because we got married in Feb so it seemed the best thing to do was go sking. Anyway - it was lovely there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

All this angst over a simple Medicare card.

To laminatre or not laminate, that is the question. Oh if only Hamlet had such problems. LOL

Everyone gets the same literature with the cards;  arguing over whether or not one sees "do not laminate" is just that-arguing just to argue.

Gads.

Oops, sorry I posted. Just stated what I received in the mail. No angst here. But will watch what thread I post on in the future. 

@proudlyfromNJ  Oh calm down, ftlog.  I singled out nobody in particular.  There is nothing in my post that can be taken so gosh darn seriously.

Post what you want. 

And yes, while awaiting tomorrow for test results (not routine)   for my grandson, I'll try to put all this into perspective.

I think I'll put my energy into my grandson and not worry about a Medicare card.

Carry on.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3.  Wasn't going to comment on this thread.  I don't have a Medicare card (husband got a new one...no big deal, won't laminate it) but just wanted to send good wishes to you and your grandson.  

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3, as @september stated -

@Cakers3  Wasn't going to comment on this thread.  I don't have a Medicare card (husband got a new one...no big deal, won't laminate it) but just wanted to send good wishes to you and your grandson.  

I too, send my best wishes to your Grandson, to the family and you. 

Respected Contributor

I have been on  Medicare only 6 mos. I was told by the clinic I should laminate my card. I joked why ,as getting a new one? I received mine in May. I used Scotch business card protectors from Wal-Mart with no issues.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had blood drawn today - the bucket with these sleeves in it  that my DH said was full a few days ago was now down to just a few in the bottom, so lots of folks chose to use them. And there was a sign saying to please use these sleeves instead of laminating your card as the laminated cards don't work in the scanner.

Honored Contributor

The little plastic sleeve thingys I ordered from Amazon arrived a little while ago. 

My husband’s card fit perfectly in it and, the biggest test, it still fit in the slot in his wallet. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I had to open this thread and see why there were so many replies to a thread regarding how one carried a Medicare card.  While I have no input on that issue, perfectly fine to me however one chooses to carry/preserve/display said card- 

I do want to offer a sincere best wishes and prayers for you @Cakers3 and your family.