Honored Contributor

Re: Plastic sleeve specially sized for new medicare cards.

For the new drivers license that will be needed to fly in a couple of years, seems it would be right to have to show more ID  that just your current driver's license.  

Esteemed Contributor

All of you who have not been thru the new license process yet should check your documents.

i have had a passport since birth and also a copy of my “birth certificate”.  But it was not valid.  According to the state where I was born I did not match any known mother (did not dare ask them about my Dad).  Figured it out in the end, but it took a while.

So I had lived close to 70 years illegitimate, illegal, stateless and passing with a bad passport, 😂 but it worked.  Even the DAR issued me a Mayflower bar.  Now that is scary and funny.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan Don't pay any attention to that poster. She follows me all over the board making things up and stating them like they are God's honest truth. She has no idea what she's talking about. i don't even read her posts anymore but she posts some trash like this on every topic I post on.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

All of you who have not been thru the new license process yet should check your documents.

i have had a passport since birth and also a copy of my “birth certificate”.  But it was not valid.  According to the state where I was born I did not match any known mother (did not dare ask them about my Dad).  Figured it out in the end, but it took a while.

So I had lived close to 70 years illegitimate, illegal, stateless and passing with a bad passport, 😂 but it worked.  Even the DAR issued me a Mayflower bar.  Now that is scary and funny.

To be honest - I took all my documents and my passport and once they saw I had a passport that was all they cared about and passed me right through. However, I did need my old passport and all those documents previously mentioned when I went to get a passport, and I only got the little wallet card one so we could go to Canada.

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

What concerns me about the new "real ID" license isn't the license itself, but the widely diverse documentation requirement from state to state. If this is being done to satisfy a federal requirement, i would think that there would be a consistent federal standard across the board. In Michigan, all I had to do was show my current license, along with my passport card. Others have reported a variety of more stringent requirements in their states. That just doesn't make sense. Now, perhaps those states with lesser requirements for "real ID" have already made it harder to get a license to begin with, but when people start relating their very different experiences, it gets pretty muddy quite quickly. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All this angst over a simple Medicare card.

To laminatre or not laminate, that is the question. Oh if only Hamlet had such problems. LOL

Everyone gets the same literature with the cards;  arguing over whether or not one sees "do not laminate" is just that-arguing just to argue.

Gads.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Allegheny

looks like you all have to go through a lot to get the new STAR ID/REAL ID.

luckily, in maryland, it was no problem at all if you already had a md drivers license, with no additional documentation needed.

@sunshine45 @Allegheny Maryland is a very easy and welcoming state...and not in a good way. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

All this angst over a simple Medicare card.

To laminatre or not laminate, that is the question. Oh if only Hamlet had such problems. LOL

Everyone gets the same literature with the cards;  arguing over whether or not one sees "do not laminate" is just that-arguing just to argue.

Gads.

Oops, sorry I posted. Just stated what I received in the mail. No angst here. But will watch what thread I post on in the future. 

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Allegheny

luckily, in maryland, it was no problem at all if you already had a md drivers license, with no additional documentation needed.

@sunshine45 @Allegheny Maryland is a very easy and welcoming state...and not in a good way. 

@esmerelda.  Why is Md. Not good? How do you find out? Do you live there?

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Allegheny

@esmerelda.  Why is Md. Not good? How do you find out? Do you live there?

@proudlyfromNJ I did...for more years than not. But I left (still keep in touch) and more and more people are doing the same every year. 

Keepin' it real.