Super Contributor

If you have a Sam's Club membership, definitely check online.  Most things ship free with the Plus membership and I have had good luck finding toilet paper and paper towels.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

NEVER use bleach with ammonia!  That is a disastrous combination!  I have never done it but was cautioned about it when I was young and it makes sense.

Respected Contributor

I worry about things that have no easy substitute.  I have 6 months of my old cat's prescription cat food and am keeping up on cat litter.

Honored Contributor

Not really because my pantries are overflowing from "my plan ahead" shopping, ie, BOGOs and sales months ago 😉 & haven't cooked like I am now in a long time. (I am kinda shocked what is in my pantries🙈)

Freezer is filled and I've decided eat from it for now.  Maybe, in a few weeks I'll see if a trip to food store for meats.  I prefer chicken, turkey or fish.  

We even have had breakfast for dinner -- fun change since neither of us are breakfast people unless we are out.  

As for necessities, I'm noticing they are slowly appearing on shelves at WM ... Publix and other stores you need to go at opening.  I am not in need of these things although, it has crossed my mind to pick up another tp or paper towels.  

Although, I always keep eggs, butter, milk, bread on hand and salad stuff.  Those are the things I would need and have picked up when I see it.

Of course, we are only in first real week of state stay at home order.  Time will tell if I need to re-think and restock.  

I really prefer not to buy items that are in demand as someone most likely needs them more than me!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I was able to order 2 six packs of toilet paper today from Amazon, for delivery on April 23rd.  I didn't pick that date.  That's just what they showed when I ordered. 

I ordered it,  just in case.  I figured if we get close to that date and we don't need it, I can cancel. If we need it, or if a neighbor needs it then I'll be glad I ordered it. 

I got an email from Amazon overnight.  They changed my delivery date from the 23rd to next Sunday, 4/12.  

I'm going to go ahead and let the order ship.  I belong to a Facebook group with over 5,000 women in my immediate area.  Once the tp gets here, if I don't feel we need it, I'll check with our 2 neighbors and friends in the immediate area and then will offer it to someone in the group.  It will get used.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

We've been doing ok, but was beyond happy when logging into Walmart pickup after midnight this morning.  Had pickups all day Sunday, and more protein choices than I've seen recently anywhere here.  (We shall see tomorrow what comes through....Woman Wink)

We tend to buy TP & PT & FT ahead, but still keeping my eyes out.  Cleaning supplies?  I'm one of those loons that buy the latest//greatest (like it's going to "inspire" me to clean) .  Some probably expired, but better than nothing.

SO glad I ignored DH a couple weeks back re: unused Shamwows in laundry room cupboard.  He said to throw them out.

Did notice lack of bread, no bread flour or yeast, so broke down & ordered bread machine mixes online from Prepared Pantry.

We shall see...

@denisemb 

Check King Arthur. I placed an order but it probably won't be here for a month. What we have now will last. We make bread, rolls, buns etc all the time. We don't buy bread from the store.

Hope your mixes turn out. Let us know how it goes. I have never used a mix.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Nightowlz  .....  I have never tried Pink Himalayan Salt. Been thinking of buying some. Can you describe how it taste?

@Sheila P-Burg 

Tastes like salt but better. I use less of it then I did when I used regular salt. I really like it & don't want to go back to regular salt.

Honored Contributor

Re: Planning ahead

[ Edited ]

I have a running list going.  Not going to assume that things will automatically go back to what was normal again.  When events come into our lives, there's changes we go through, since hopefully, we will have learned some lessons along the way.

Don't forget batteries.

Honored Contributor

DH said he saw a woman truck driver on the news that said people don't need to panic they are getting supplies to stores as fast as they can?