Honored Contributor

Re: Planning a wedding for 450??

[ Edited ]

@Janey2 wrote:

Wow this is a rough crowd. Maybe he is hoping there is a vaccine by then. We are talking March, not November. There are some religions that invite whole congregations to their weddings. Not saying he is doing that, but it is done.  I say the more the merrier. Hoping he can celebrate big time in March. 

@Janey2  Reply was incorrect for the post. Happy wedding to the couple for a wedding in March.

Honored Contributor

Anyone planning a wedding during the pandemic for more than 10 people is just plain selfish. I can't believe a poster here had a family wedding with 50 people and they were eating together, dancing, what are these people thinking?

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  Maybe I was not clear. I never said he SHOULD do that. I mentioned why some people might have that many guests to invite. 

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Wow this is a rough crowd. Maybe he is hoping there is a vaccine by then. We are talking March, not November. There are some religions that invite whole congregations to their weddings. Not saying he is doing that, but it is done.  I say the more the merrier. Hoping he can celebrate big time in March. 

I"m very optimistic about March. But very few people think a widely available vaccine that all the guests could obtain would be ready that early. Hoping based on optimism is lovely, planning based on optimism usually results in disappointment. Realism and practicality and contingency plans cost you a lot less.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janey2 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Maybe I was not clear. I never said he SHOULD do that. I mentioned why some people might have that many guests to invite. 

@proudlyfromNJ  Yes, I understood that as an explanation of why some people may have a large number of guests. 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

@MarieIG  yes, I misunderstood.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2  Ok I guess I did. Very sorry.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   Frankly, I think your colleague needs a reality check.  He's delusional if he thinks 450 of his and his bride's closest friends even want to gather in a group that large.  Most would not, especially seniors.  Send him a copy of the article about the infamous wedding in Maine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Any poster here still not aware of masks, social distancing, etc.?

I'm sure nobody here needs another reminder.

If this couple is allowed in March 2021 to go ahead with their wedding, all the best to them.

As I said, again, their business, their planning is not the end of the world; it's just a plan that may or may not take place.

What is illegal now may not be by March 2021.

It isn't hard to hope for the best-not for them in particular but for the hope by then for all of us.

I don't know why looking for the positive is so hard; it's not rocket science.  We can mourn and we can be hopeful.

I'm done. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I think its a bad idea. And I don't know what they are thinking. Can you imagine how bad you would feel, if you had a wedding like that, and a bunch of your guests wound up getting covid and someone died?

As far as it being illegal in your state, I think the folks in my state just doing whatever they want. There have been numerous mass get togethers, where covid has been spread, and we are just told by the governor or mayor not to made "bad decisions" like so and so. No one really gets in trouble - no fines here.

Meanwhile, where my sis in law in a counselor, one county over, they have so many covid cases and exposures they have gone to virtual learning for at least the next 2 weeks.