Honored Contributor

Re: Pizza Hut has really improved the taste of their pizza. Surprisingly delicious.

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Once you tried a pizza we make at home, you'd never want any pizza from any commerical place, restaurant, or pizza parlor anywhere!  Because you would be disappointed! 

Crusts are made in the bread machine with Italian fine grind 00 pizza flour, extra virgin award winning EVOO from Italy, best quality of any meat that goes on, all organic toppings, good cheese and just enough sauce to not kill the rest of the ingredients.

Real parm cheese grated on top, fresh ground pepper, fresh herbs from our herb garden, and 40 years of experience in pizza making and perfecting.

Nope!  You won't go back!  

Your pizza sounds fantastic! You should open a pizza place

@Ladybug724 Ha ha!  No, I am too old and lazy for that.  My husband is actully the one who mostly cooks pizza now, but we both have worked on it.  It has been a hobby with us.  And we've had a bread machine since 1992 (my anniversary gift!) so it makes it easier to do.

What we make doesn't taste exactly like commercial pizza (and there is nothing like that--that's a whole food group into itself) but has a puffier crisper but still bready crust, less sauce, lots of fresh thinly sliced veggies and less cheese, and if we have fresh basil we use that or some we've chopped and frozen in olive oil.  The crust is somewhere between thin and hand tossed I guess.

It is lighter, crisper, you taste the veggies more, and there isn't the thick thick cheese topping.  And it isn't as salty.

There was a pizza place in a nearby college town long long ago that had that type of pizza and we starting to try and duplicate it and as tastes changed, more cheeses became available we've incorporated new things.

But as far as pizza parlor pizza?  No, that's best to go out for.  Or call in for!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Pizza Hut has really improved the taste of their pizza. Surprisingly delicious.

Our Pizza Hut used to be SO good and the best pizza in town. Then it was really bad for a long time.  I havent gotten any since all of this stay at home. It has gotten better but still not as good as it used to be and sometimes is a huge disappointment. Still better than any other pizza in our town tho!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@DecorDiva wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Once you tried a pizza we make at home, you'd never want any pizza from any commerical place, restaurant, or pizza parlor anywhere!  Because you would be disappointed! 

Crusts are made in the bread machine with Italian fine grind 00 pizza flour, extra virgin award winning EVOO from Italy, best quality of any meat that goes on, all organic toppings, good cheese and just enough sauce to not kill the rest of the ingredients.

Real parm cheese grated on top, fresh ground pepper, fresh herbs from our herb garden, and 40 years of experience in pizza making and perfecting.

@Sooner  - ooohhh, you have my mouth watering!  Where do you get your flour and EVOO?

@DecorDiva There is a home town gourmet shop in a city not really far from us in Oklahoma and we get it when we are in the area!  So we stock up too!  

That little store has been there since the 80's and we are so fortunate to have had them!  We get great olive oil there too or I keep up online with oils, reviews and also sometimes order from Market Hall Foods.

You really can make wonderful pizza at home!  We use a Le Creuset flat griddle or pizza pan beause the light surface doesn't brown the crust too much.  And we have experimented with crusts and have a bread machine.  It's not so much what crust you bake as baking it at a high temp on a heated surface!

@Sooner  - thanks for the info.  I will check out Market Hall foods.  I have both a breadmaker and a pizza stone, so I may just get ambitious enough to try it.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think my local Pizza Hut has improved, or anyway as of 6 months ago it had not, unfortunately. We started buying it from a locally owned pizza place, its pretty good. 

@Sooner, I did not know about that flour. This is why I love this board, I learn something from you ladies quite often. 

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I don't think my local Pizza Hut has improved, or anyway as of 6 months ago it had not, unfortunately. We started buying it from a locally owned pizza place, its pretty good. 

@Sooner, I did not know about that flour. This is why I love this board, I learn something from you ladies quite often. 

@happycat Isn't that the best?  Yes, I learn a lot from the good people here!  About a LOT of things!  And yes, 00 flour does make a good crust!  But AP is fine also!

I'll post something later about how we bake them.

Respected Contributor

Of all of the chains, I always liked PH the best.   But there were several Italian restaurants in Dallas then that made fabulous pizza.  They've all closed but one.   Every time I go home, I try to get there to have pizza.  It is so good.

Fortunately, we've found a wonderful local pizza place here.   We don't go much , with our low carb eating, but when we do we relish every bite.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner  hi, do you deliver? Your pizza sounds delicious, and I'm from NY where we get the best pizza. Yours sounds better!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala Yes I'll deliver!  Soon as I don't have to wear a mask!  LOL!!!  I think we have taken old-style pizza and while it's still everything we like about old-style pizza, we've lightened it up and made it fresher, far less salty, and with a nice mouth-feel without the goop of too much cheese.

And we use different cheeses too--sometimes mixed.

But I'll be there with your pizza--soon as. . . . Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal  Local in Texas! LOL.  Texas is so huge, your local McDonald can be over 100 miles away.  I understand you can drive for 8 hours straight and still never leave the state. 

Respected Contributor

I still love Pizza Hut pizza, have more more years than I can remember!  One of my favorites is what a doctor I worked for used to order at our clinic - thin crust with just cheese and black olives - still order it to this day!

They have a good variety and good pasta too.

I also love the more authentic types, but can't always get them.