Honored Contributor

Re: Pippa Middleton's wedding dress and other pictures

i am with the group that says that pippas wedding dress was just "okay" and not spectacular at all. it just doesnt seem to fit her "personality and style."

i dont like kates dress at all! too blah in both style and color and it just doesnt look "right" for her. it isnt age appropriate. she could have done so much better. i did like her hat though.

the children look adorable!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone remember Pippa's real first name?  I thought Pippa was a nickname but could be mistaken.

Never mind - just Googled:

Philippa Charlotte Middleton

Honored Contributor

Pippa is usually a nickname for "Phillippa", but has also been used as an independent name in recent years...

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Anyone remember Pippa's real first name?  I thought Pippa was a nickname but could be mistaken.

Never mind - just Googled:

Philippa Charlotte Middleton

@Oznell  You were right. I had Googled and edited my post above when you were posting.

Respected Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays I had a similar experience at a wedding. The bridesmaids all wore the same color but different styles, but the theme was strapless and/or as little material as possible, which resulted in ceaseless tugging and tucking to keep from exposing everything. It was not attractive and was a distraction at the ceremony and dangerous on the dance floor! Another recent wedding the bride chose for her bridesmaids a party style but without the bursting out, too-short look. She had them wear lovely caplets for the ceremony that transformed the look beautifully for the ceremony.

Pippa looked beautiful, as did her sister. I thought both dresses were lovely. I agree Kate's dress had a retro 40s style with a lower hemline. The royal littles are darling.

Honored Contributor

I'd like to add to my earlier comment about how much I love her dress. I don't love it because it's modest and/or demure (which I suppose it is); I love it because it's chic!!!!  And you need a smokin' bod to wear it well.

Respected Contributor

with a body like hers Pippa could wear anything. at first glance her gown read blah....however in the close shot, the lace bodice is very pretty.  still overall  the gown looks like a lacey mock turtleneck

i had a high necked gown bridal gown (70s) and later wished i had chosen something sexier lol

Honored Contributor

I think Pippa's gown was stunning.  I thought Kate looked lovely and appropriately attired as both the bride's older sister and future Queen Mum of England.

As for the little ones, they were adorable.

It is so nice to see (and attend) a wedding taking place in church. Today reported Harry's girlfriend would be attending the reception and not the church ceremony.

Do you think the Queen was invited?

Thanks @gidgetgh for all the wonderful pictures.

Trusted Contributor

I saw a photo of Kate corralling all the young pages and bridesmaids as they entered the church.  Kate had her finger to her mouth "shhh-ing," reminding them they needed to be quiet.  Very cute!   Just being helpful for her sister.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I loved Pippa's dress!

It showcased her toned arms and her tiny waist!

I think the neckline and cap sleeves looked demure and classy, yet the open back added a 'sexy modern aspect', IMO.

Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, right, arranges the train of her sister of her sister Pippa Middleton as she arrives with her father Michael Middleton for her wedding

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.