Respected Contributor

Re: Pippa Middleton's wedding dress and other pictures

[ Edited ]

@Yardlie, I only posted those pics to describe the type of neckline I thought would look more elegant and youthful than the high neckline -- not the entire dress in those pics.  :-)

Honored Contributor

Pearley, yes!  Isn't demure a good word?  Too bad more people don't act it out in public...

Respected Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@Yardlie, I only posted those pics to describe the type of neckline I thought would look more elegant and youthful -- not at all the entire dress in those pics. :-)

They were still both beautiful dresses. I think that second dress was just gorgeous. I personally just love a boatneck or bateau neckline, but I thought the neckline Pippa chose seemed demure and very classic. I liked her dress more than Kate's wedding gown.

I wasn't in love with what Kate chose to wear to Pippa's wedding, but the Brits have a little different taste in style than Americans have...especially the Royal Brits. The dress Kate chose to wear to Pippa's wedding reminded me of the dress my mother chose to wear as a wartime bride in the 40's.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Trusted Contributor

I like everything about this dress.

The last wedding I attended the bride and her 2 sisters went the sexy route, OK for them as they are very young but they all had back acne and 2 had tattoos, again Their choice, but it was distraction during the ceremony. And that's what the guests saw the whole time. To each their own.

Esteemed Contributor

The dress was understated elegance. I just love the simple clean lines and the absence of fru fru bells and whistles. She was stunning. George and Charlotte adorable. Kate looked gorgeous in that blush color.

Honored Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

I like everything about this dress.

The last wedding I attended the bride and her 2 sisters went the sexy route, OK for them as they are very young but they all had back acne and 2 had tattoos, again Their choice, but it was distraction during the ceremony. And that's what the guests saw the whole time. To each their own.

Looking sexy runs a broad spectrum.  She could have worn a sexier dress that was appropriate for a church service.  And that very high neckline in May....I don't like it for the season either.  I just think she could have looked better, in a more youthful and appealing and - yes sexy in a decent way - dress.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

IMG_0308.JPG

Oh, what a beautiful couple.  Pippa's dress couldn't be more gorgeous on her.  Looks to me like she worked out more, got more toned and lost a little weight to boot.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee. I get that, the wedding I was to the girls were going for sexy.  Not alluring. It said were are not "good" girls sort of way. They try to look Hollywood on a poor man's wallet. BTW they are divorced already, about15 months it lasted.

Honored Contributor

I just ran across live feed of them exiting the church.  Web search: 'Pippa Middleton wedding live Daily Mail UK'.   I always go to Daily Mail UK for fabulous photos, and this time it's a live feed.  I'm sure there are photos, too.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44@  This was in response to @seaBreeze's comment....entirely appropriate if read in context.

Thanks Pearley.

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@seaBreeze  Give the formality of royality....perhaps Ms. Markle will have a challenge being accepted by the family.  (for us common folk, we would not blink an eye) 

@phoenixbrd

Maybe I've not had enough coffee yet, but what has that got to do with the attendees at Pippa's wedding?      Megan has met Harry's family ....  she met Charles last fall!

Meghan is supposed to be an attendee at this wedding.   There are certainly  a lot of posts on a lot of other threads on this board that are more OT to the thread.