Honored Contributor

Re: Pippa Middleton's wedding dress and other pictures

@RedTop wrote:

Pippa and Kate's wedding gowns fit exactly into my personal description of bridal.  

I don't like sexy, revealing gowns for a formal church ceremony.

Apparently, some posters don't get that not all brides want to look like a streetwalker. Or that it is not necessary to hang your bosums out for public display at every opportunity. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@seaBreeze wrote:

Isn't this correct?   Ms. Markle could NOT attend the wedding with Harry ... I thought Pippa said ... "No ring, no bring."

But she will certainly appear at the reception (After-Party) with her prince, since there are 'no rules' for that venue.

i believe that no ring thing was loosened to include Markle and Pippa's brother's date.  but perhaps Markle didn't want to sit in overflow area.  i think this was a matter of space,not rules.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@seaBreeze wrote:

Isn't this correct?   Ms. Markle could NOT attend the wedding with Harry ... I thought Pippa said ... "No ring, no bring."

But she will certainly appear at the reception (After-Party) with her prince, since there are 'no rules' for that venue.

@seaBreeze  I read to get around that rule to make an exception, Pipps issued to Meghan her own individual invitation so she wouldn't be a "no ring, no bring" as Harry's date.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Pippa had access to a plethora of designers and most likely close to unlimited funds so very surprised about her choice of gowns.  Of course, royalty wouldn't be sporting strapless with bosoms popping out.  I just expected something more current and flattering.  The high neckline and short sleeves are matronly on her.  She could have had an extraordinary dress and still maintained decorum.  She is young with a beautiful figure and I think she missed her opportunity to really shine on her special day.  Having said that, the dress is not the event and I'm sure a great time was had by all.

@phoenixbrd  Well, put, and I totally agree.

Esteemed Contributor

She was a beautiful bride, that dress is gorgeous, thank you for sharing all the pictures!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@seaBreeze  Give the formality of royality....perhaps Ms. Markle will have a challenge being accepted by the family.  (for us common folk, we would not blink an eye) 

@phoenixbrd

Maybe I've not had enough coffee yet, but what has that got to do with the attendees at Pippa's wedding?      Megan has met Harry's family ....  she met Charles last fall!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Carole Middleton and brother James. The picture I posted before is Beatrice not Eugenie, caption was wrong.She brought her boyfriend and they're not known to be engaged...so who knows.4091347700000578-4524780-image-a-9_1495276310298.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Pippa's dress is okay. I don't particularly care for the high neck with the cap sleeves. I think she would have looked much more elegant and youthful if the dress had a bateau neckline, skimming the shoulder.... sort of like these:

Image result for wedding gown with wide necklineImage result for bateau neck wedding gown

Kate looks like a more mature woman who stepped right out of the 1940's. I've seen her look so much better.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@seaBreeze  Give the formality of royality....perhaps Ms. Markle will have a challenge being accepted by the family.  (for us common folk, we would not blink an eye) 

@phoenixbrd

Maybe I've not had enough coffee yet, but what has that got to do with the attendees at Pippa's wedding?      Megan has met Harry's family ....  she met Charles last fall!

Meghan is supposed to be an attendee at this wedding.   There are certainly  a lot of posts on a lot of other threads on this board that are more OT to the thread.

Respected Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

I thought I had read that same request as well. Meghan would attend the reception w/Harry.