Trusted Contributor

Re: Pippa Middleton's wedding dress and other pictures

pearley, i was going to post a reply until i read yours. it's all exactly what i wanted to say! 

federer's wife looked ok.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

gidgetgh, what a sweetheart you are to give us this "first look", thank you!

Popa's dress is pretty, not my absolute favorite in the pantheon of wedding dresses, but I like it.  It has a throwback quality, and for some reason it reminds me, in spirit at least, of Tricia Nixon's wedding dress in those famous Rose Garden pictures.

I did expect it to be more demure than a lot of current more bare looks, and it was.  To me, bare shoulders and cleavage etc, are a bit jarring at the ceremony-- they belong on the honeymoon...

Disappointed in Kate's outfit, which struck me as matronly.  Have seen her looking so muich better.  Also, I think that color dress does not at all suit her Cool Summer coloring--it's a bit draining.  She's still such an elegant, lovely woman though.

I bet Pippa and Kate's mother looked great-- she always does.

I too think Kate's mauve (not my favorite color anyway) suit is matronly.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Thanks for the great photos, @gidgetgh

I'm surprised by Pippa's dress. It's very demure and not sexy in the least.  I like her bridesmaid dress a lot better.  It was more elegant too.

I also don't particularly like Kate's dress although I do like the color and the hat. It looks kind of 1970s and the cut of the top esp. is not very flattering on her slim body.  I've seen her in much better dresses.    The Little Prince and Princess are absolutely adorable.  Has anyone read whether they behaved OK?   They are so young!

Federer's wife's dress is frumpy and unflattering IMO.

@Pearlee I agree with everything you said here, but if I posted this I'd be bashed from here to next Sunday.  I saw nothing special about this dress at all and Kate's dress isurely isn't head turning at all.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blingqueen023 and @freakygirl    I'm glad you agree!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Thanks for the great photos, @gidgetgh

I'm surprised by Pippa's dress. It's very demure and not sexy in the least.  I like her bridesmaid dress a lot better.  It was more elegant too.

I also don't particularly like Kate's dress although I do like the color and the hat. It looks kind of 1970s and the cut of the top esp. is not very flattering on her slim body.  I've seen her in much better dresses.    The Little Prince and Princess are absolutely adorable.  Has anyone read whether they behaved OK?   They are so young!

Federer's wife's dress is frumpy and unflattering IMO.

@Pearlee . I have to agree with you on all counts!

While Pippa's dress is beautiful I don't really care for the high neck & short sleeves.  Has a dated look to me.  Kate's dress does nothing for her slim figure.  Very bland looking and I agree I've seen her in much more attractive dresses.

The young prince & princess are adorable!  Their outfits are perfect!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@dex wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Hey @Plaid Pants2 you were there!

PAY-Pippa-Middletons-wedding.jpg

Nobody looks happy about their plaid pants!

Well, they should be happy they were pants and not kilts!

have to disagree. a Scot wedding in full dress is a wow.

Honored Contributor

Her dress looks very plain, in the US I think we dress up more for ocassions

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Roger Federer and his wife were there. No photos of Meghan Markle, I believe I read she is in London

roger 2.jpg

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

4092430300000578-4524690-image-m-39_1495282942285.jpg

I think Kate's "young matron" dress was a good way to not steal the bride's thunder.    When I see women all dressed up for weddings, I always wonder about the temperature and the humidity.  lol

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Roger Federer and his wife were there. No photos of Meghan Markle, I believe I read she is in London

roger 2.jpg

A little fun before Roland Garros.

Respected Contributor

pippa's dress= elegant and understated.  i think the open back is a nod to her more lively style - but in a tasteful way.  this is England, with a royal undercurrent, and not Hollywood. lovely.