Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pippa Middleton's wedding dress and other pictures

[ Edited ]

@Melania

Clearly I struck a nerve and for that I apologize.  Perhaps the flower girls/ring bearers in your child's wedding were dressed much like what we see in many European weddings and I erroneously painted my comments with a broad brush.

But I am going to stand my ground.  I recently attended a wedding where the flower girls were dressed in floor length navy blue dresses, had bare legs and strappy sandals-they were 3 years old.  The ring bearer was in a tuxedo. This is not my preferred attire for children in the wedding party.  It's just not.

The bottom line is I am entitled to my opinion.   

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Melania

Clearly I struck a nerve and for that I apologize.  Perhaps the flower girls/ring bearers in your child's wedding were dressed much like what we see in many European weddings and I erroneously painted my comments with a broad brush.

But I am going to stand my ground.  I recently attended a wedding where the flower girls were dressed in floor length navy blue dresses, had bare legs and strappy sandals-they were 3 years old.  The ring bearer was in a tuxedo. This is not my preferred attire for children in the wedding party.  It's just not.

The bottom line is I an entitled to my opinion.   

@magicmoodz  No worries at all, and no need to apologize.  I think most of us for sure know what you meant.  By saying "American's" I don't for a  minute believe you meant all Americans.  Your post was fine.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

At first blush I wasn't smitten with Pippa's dress.  But as the pictures started emerging, I began to think what a wise choice.  Pippa wore that dress, it did not wear her.  Every picture depicted her with a big, beautiful smile, making her the focal point, not the dress.

And why can't Americans dress children in wedding parties like this?  It seems a goal is to make flower girls mini-me's of the bridesmaids and can sometimes just read tacky.

@magicmoodz

I think people who dress small children up and expect them to act like adults at a wedding are just crazy.  There are so many things that could potentially go wrong .... just leave the kids homewith a sitter,  and let the adults enjoy the day!  JMO

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Melania

The bottom line is I an entitled to my opinion.   

@magicmoodz  No worries at all, and no need to apologize.  I think most of us for sure know what you meant.  By saying "American's" I don't for a  minute believe you meant all Americans.  Your post was fine.  Smiley Happy

@Pearlee  Thank you for your comments.  My husband has well over 100 first cousins, so you can only imagine how many weddings I have attended and I can honestly say I have not seen flower girls/ring bearers in attire such as was worn at Kate and Pippa's wedding.  The children's clothing was created by Pepa & Co. who specializes in Spanish attire and very similar styles can be purchased online.

Honored Contributor

Found this picture from inside the church. So beautifulflowers.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"