Honored Contributor

Re: Pippa Middleton's wedding dress and other pictures

@Pearlee wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

Harry drove 100 miles to pick up Meghan? I wonder if she had offered to stay somewhere closer to the evening reception so he wouldn't have to drive that far to pick her up.

@Daisy Sunflower  LOL!  The Middletons could have put her up - they have umpteen guest rooms in their mansion!  Smiley Happy The reception was at their home!

But why should they... or would they? They probably had many guests to consider who are closer to their family. When it gets right down to it, she's nothing more than the 'Plus 1' of another invited guest. She isn't a member of the Middleton family, and, as far as it goes, she isn't even a friend of their family. She's the current girlfriend of an inlaw to their older daughter... If she chose to stay in London and he chose to drive a hundred miles to pick her up, that's on them...

@stevieb  Well they shouldn't.  My smilie emoticon and "LOL" meant I was joking about putting her up.  Sorry you missed that.

@Pearlee Me bad... A wink Woman Wink and I would've caught it... Woman LOL

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

I thought Pippa looked absolutely radiant and I loved her dress!  She has rockin arms that are well toned.  Wish I had arms like that, lol!!   Loved her veil as well. 

The pictures of all of the little ones were adorable.

It looked like a beautiful wedding.

There hasn't been much mention of the veil, but I agree, I thought it was chaming and just about perfect...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I just have one question, if I may: @Pearlee, I haven't quite figured out yet whether you are a fan of the bride's gown or not. Could you clear that up for me? TIA.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Pippa's dress was gorgeous, tailored perfectly to her figure. Kate's dress looked like something out of the queen's closet...dull color and matronly style. She certainly didn't upstage her sister, if that was her goal.

Esteemed Contributor

@Yardlie wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Yardlie

I don't agree with you about the wedding gown - I think it's perfect for Pippa - but I think you hit the nail on the head in your description of Kate's dress.  That dress is straight out of the 1940s!

@shoesnbags ... I think you are confusing what I said with what another poster said. I loved Pippa's wedding gown.

Ooops! So sorry @Yardlie.  I clicked on the wrong name!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@stevieb I hardly ever use that wink emoticon because, frankly, I can't even tell what it is w/out scrolling my mouse over the emoticons and reading it.  IMO an emoticon isn't even worth the effort of inserting it into a post if you can't even tell what it is!

Honored Contributor

CEBA0535-2080-4FD0-8558-8F393A506E81-28655-000016F4D4D42390.jpeg

Just so everybody knows, these two royal children are both the perfect ages to be wed at a later date to our DGD and DGS! Ahhh... DGD ALREADY acts like a princess though!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

Pippa's dress was gorgeous, tailored perfectly to her figure. Kate's dress looked like something out of the queen's closet...dull color and matronly style. She certainly didn't upstage her sister, if that was her goal.

@Vivian  I beg to differ. The Queen would never wear a dress cut that low.  At least not in public.  It did look matronly but definitely didn't remind me of anything the Queen would wear.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Her dress was very pretty.  The children looked so lovely and Kate was stunning.  Kate has lost so much weight and I wish she would gain at least 7 lbs.  The fear of being overweight when you are in the limelight.  BTW, is Pippa her real name?  I find it to be a weird name.  I am sure she will be very happy with her billionaire husband.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1   It was discussed upthread:  Philippa Charlotte Middleton

After it was posted, there was discussion about the Charlotte connections to the little Princess. It's only a couple of pages back if you want to read it.

7 lbs.?  lol, how did you land on that number?

Honored Contributor

I'm not a Royal watcher but remember when Pippa almost stole the show (and did for some) at Kate's wedding.  I actually think PIppa looked better then than in her wedding gown, but she looks happy and that's what matters, right?

Kate looks older, yes, but I really love the 40's style, and the color only adds to the throwback vibe.

Oh, and it was good of Kate to not try to upstage Pippa as PIppa tried to upstage her.

Cat LOL