Trusted Contributor

Re: Pippa Middleton's wedding dress and other pictures

@stevieb  well said

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Yardlie

I don't agree with you about the wedding gown - I think it's perfect for Pippa - but I think you hit the nail on the head in your description of Kate's dress.  That dress is straight out of the 1940s!

@shoesnbags ... I think you are confusing what I said with what another poster said. I loved Pippa's wedding gown.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Her dress was very pretty.  The children looked so lovely and Kate was stunning.  Kate has lost so much weight and I wish she would gain at least 7 lbs.  The fear of being overweight when you are in the limelight.  BTW, is Pippa her real name?  I find it to be a weird name.  I am sure she will be very happy with her billionaire husband.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1   It was discussed upthread:  Philippa Charlotte Middleton

After it was posted, there was discussion about the Charlotte connections to the little Princess. It's only a couple of pages back if you want to read it.

Honored Contributor

This is from the British paper The Sun. If true and not just speculation, it's very sweet and gallant, because, of course, Harry could have had Meghan driven up from Kensington Palace by any number of his "footmen" since he is, after all, a prince!

“He was determined not to upstage Pippa but also really wanted them to enjoy the wedding together.

“He left as discreetly as possible and travelled with her all the way back up, showing just how serious he is about her.

He didn’t want Meghan having to arrive alone, without him alongside her, at the reception.”

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3608361/princes-harry-meghan-markle-pippa-middleton-wedding/

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh, I'm so happy your thread was re-opened.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Most accounts online I've read of Kate's dress describe it as "peach colored."

Has anyone seen a photo of Meghan from the reception? I haven't. Boy they sure kept the photogs way from her.  Amazing if they really pulled that off. I know, as someone posted above, that they didn't allow guests to have their phones at the reception but you'd have thought something would have leaked by now.

Regular Contributor

Yesterday and today, I have read dozens of the posts about Pippa and Kate..... Both looked absolutely beautiful, lovely choice of dress for Pippa and Kate was classy, as always. I believe her dress was a blush/peach color or appeared so on TV. Why would one want to look sexy on their wedding day. Classy and beautiful  wins the day over sexy for a church wedding OUTSIDE London and reception was as I heard at the Middleton's estate. They are rich, but have made money in a business they own.......

Some of you need to spend less time critizing everyone and everythine because YOU do not like it........I would love to see how some of you look getting out of bed in the morning....

My wedding dress from back in the day was ivory, with high collar, lace bodice, long sleeves covered with lace halfway down and I look at my photos and still love that dress!

Some of you are just plain jealous, I think!!!!

Valued Contributor

I thought Pippa's gown was beautiful.  Not my style, but perfect for her.  I read she had a second Pronovias gown for the reception.  Kate was dressed appropriately for her role of overseeing the kids at the church.  I'm sure she changed into something party-worthy for the reception.

My opinion- Meghan Markle was not at the church because of seating in the small chapel. It had nothing to do with upstaging the bride.

UK Daily Mail is reporting that huge images of Pippa and James were flashed across the back of the MIddleton mansion, directly in front of the glass reception venue set up in the garden.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Kate wearing that dress made her appear older than she is, looks like she's in her late 40's.

I agree Pippa is not royal and should not of had a royal wedding but I think if someone corrects me, a royal wedding means it was paid in full out of the royal funds.  Wedding didn't cost her family a dime.

@Just Bling

I haven't seen anything anywhere to indicate that the royal family paid for Pippa's wedding.   Do you recall where you read this?

don't remember, I read so much I really don't pay much attention where things come from...sorry. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]