Honored Contributor

Noel7 wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Hi Noel!   Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought that her issue was that the ONLY reason they have her email address was because her friend emailed a link for her to see something there.

She didn't actually go there and sign up for anything, yet they are acting like she has requested these unsolicited emails.

If it is the case that she is not interested, that is the only reason I recommended unsubscribing and hopefully that will get them to back off with the unwanted solicitations.  Smiley Happy

Hi CB Smiley Happy

It goes back to the post above from me.  You have to join to look or participate, like with Zulily and most other sites nowadays.

If you don't want to, you don't have to.  You can just ignore it.

My concern was just that it didn't seem like she actually wanted to join, yet they began soliciting her by email.   I feel like if there isn't a way to 'unsubscribe' to the unwanted emails that she will keep getting them.

But I could be wrong.  Most sites that do this sort of thing will keep trying to get you to join and/or participate.

If she has changed her mind and wants to join (I didn't think it sounded like it, but I could be wrong), then at least she has the instructions.

But if she doesn't want to join, it might be a good idea to unsubscribe to their emails.  

Honored Contributor

if your daughter wants you to see a particular item she can just click on the pinterest link herself and send you a direct link to the item instead of going through pinterest. it is quite easy.

i LOVE pinterest.....it has become my online scrapboard and recipe book and online bartender, and a link to things i might "need" in the future. i have been using it for a couple of years now. it isnt difficult to figure out, but if you are not interested then that is a different story.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, the point is I never entered my e mail,address on their web site and told them to register me.  They obviously swiped my E mail,from the e mail my daughter sent me with the link and now are trying to get me to register by confirming my E mail.  I find this obnoxious.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

IF someone does join, you indicate your areas of interest. 

For example:

Casserole recipes

What to see in New York

Pictures of dogs

Small homes

Whatever.

Then, when you sign in the next day, you will see pictures related to your interests.  If you like the looks of one casserole, you click the P pin and tell them which board of yours you want a copy made to.

Your personal stream of what you want will be tailored to your likes.  If you like Mary Brown's recipes you can click to FOLLOW her board so you can get more from her.

@Noel7

i have 40+ boards that i pin to.......many different recipes.....appetizers, dinner, lunch, brunch, snacks, desserts......i keep all of my favorite libation recipes handy also. i have sites that i like to use organized. i save quotes and sayings and poems to another board. i have a board for my favorite movies, i have a board for scents that i like to use......and so many more. it is a great way to organize yourself online. it has come in handy so many times!

when i first joined i was addicted to it late at night, when everyone else was asleep. Smiley LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hi Noel!   Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought that her issue was that the ONLY reason they have her email address was because her friend emailed a link for her to see something there.

She didn't actually go there and sign up for anything, yet they are acting like she has requested these unsolicited emails.

If it is the case that she is not interested, that is the only reason I recommended unsubscribing and hopefully that will get them to back off with the unwanted solicitations.  Smiley Happy

Hi CB Smiley Happy

It goes back to the post above from me.  You have to join to look or participate, like with Zulily and most other sites nowadays.

If you don't want to, you don't have to.  You can just ignore it.

My concern was just that it didn't seem like she actually wanted to join, yet they began soliciting her by email.   I feel like if there isn't a way to 'unsubscribe' to the unwanted emails that she will keep getting them.

But I could be wrong.  Most sites that do this sort of thing will keep trying to get you to join and/or participate.

If she has changed her mind and wants to join (I didn't think it sounded like it, but I could be wrong), then at least she has the instructions.

But if she doesn't want to join, it might be a good idea to unsubscribe to their emails.  

@chickenbutt

I don't think she will get additional emails from them, I've never got one.

I don't think they care if you participate or not, it's just that if you want to take a looksee, you have to join. No freebee peeks for non members.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

IF someone does join, you indicate your areas of interest. 

For example:

Casserole recipes

What to see in New York

Pictures of dogs

Small homes

Whatever.

Then, when you sign in the next day, you will see pictures related to your interests.  If you like the looks of one casserole, you click the P pin and tell them which board of yours you want a copy made to.

Your personal stream of what you want will be tailored to your likes.  If you like Mary Brown's recipes you can click to FOLLOW her board so you can get more from her.

@Noel7

i have 40+ boards that i pin to.......many different recipes.....appetizers, dinner, lunch, brunch, snacks, desserts......i keep all of my favorite libation recipes handy also. i have sites that i like to use organized. i save quotes and sayings and poems to another board. i have a board for my favorite movies, i have a board for scents that i like to use......and so many more. it is a great way to organize yourself online. it has come in handy so many times!

when i first joined i was addicted to it late at night, when everyone else was asleep. Smiley LOL

Hi @sunshine45 Smiley Happy

I think Pinterest is a great thing!  DD saves a lot of ideas for parties, including ideas for decorating and food and drink recipes.  I have to say, our parties and holidays are so much more fun because of that!

Honored Contributor

Oh, I see.  Thanks for that info, Noel! 

I seem to error on the side of pessimism.  Smiley Happy   Or, as I call it, realism.   hehe -

I just was afraid that she would be barraged with more unwanted emails.  Glad they don't do that.  I feel better about them knowing that, even though I don't belong.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt

Hi CB Smiley Happy

I just texted my daughter.  She's never got an email from them either.

Super Contributor

Hi,

I don't know about the pinterest email thing.  After repeated attempts to get a recipe I had been trying to find for years, I did a search to see if there was a way to access it without an account and there is.  It depends on which browser you are using, but just do an internet search for how to access pinterest without an account and you should be able to find one that will work for you.  I used firefox and had no problems.  Hope this helps.

tkins

Honored Contributor

I belong and have never received an Email from them.