Trusted Contributor

Re: Pillsbury pie dough

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3 I prefer Aldi's version and yes, you can use the excess pieces and re-roll them.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Regarding those pie crusts (but off topic); I wish they made them in more than the standard size.  An over sized option for deep dish pies would be great.  I have tried rolling them out bigger, but frankly, they just get too thin.

Honored Contributor

Yes.  You can roll out the excess pieces and cut it, just like you would with dough you make yourself.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Regarding those pie crusts (but off topic); I wish they made them in more than the standard size.  An over sized option for deep dish pies would be great.  I have tried rolling them out bigger, but frankly, they just get too thin.

@faeriemoon   I take it you want the deep dish size to fit the 2" sides of your pie pan?

I think Mrs. Smith makes frozen deep dish pie crusts. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon 

Pillsbury does make a deep dish version. I buy them all the time. 
Maybe your store doesn't carry them. 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon   I take it you want the deep dish size to fit the 2" sides of your pie pan?

@Cakers3 But are they the frozen ones?  I prefer the refrigerated roll out ones.

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

@faeriemoon 

Pillsbury does make a deep dish version. I buy them all the time. 
Maybe your store doesn't carry them. 

@deeva Thank you; I'll have to check another grocery store.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Cakers3 But are they the frozen ones?  I prefer the refrigerated roll out ones.

@faeriemoon   I checked it out and they are ready made.  I did not find the roll out type.

Also:  The Pillbury one recommended is also ready made.

I could not find the size you want in a roll out style.

You might check out the websites for more info.

I make mine from scratch and only saw Mrs. Smith's one time while looking at frozen bakery items.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 Thank you for the time you took to do the research.  I really appreciate it.

I really should just make my own pie crusts.