Pillsbury Bread Flour Recall

Pillsbury Bread Flour Recall

A70ED8F0-42EF-4534-89FB-05B28C0D1961.png

Valued Contributor

Re: Pillsbury Bread Flour Recall

Poor little guy imagescarxmqzg.jpg

Honored Contributor

What's going on with all these flour recalls ?

Gold Medal is always being recalled

Even King Arthur is being recalled

Now, PIllsbury.......

Wish I could get White Lilly in my area. It will be recalled too, probably.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE I am shaking my head and wondering the same.  Flour?  Seems so unlikely.

Honored Contributor

Must be some kind of infestation in the fields where the grains are grown.

Or then storage in a warehouse ?

Our local walmart didn't have Gold medal for almost a whole yr.1 yr.

I spend extra on King Arthur and always thought they were above the average anyway and now they're compromised.

PIllsbury, I've never used.   Bad thing is people aren't willing to pay an extra nickel for nothing, so, they take the better quality goods away like White Lilly

flour and then all you can find is the ol' cheap house brand.

Wish they would let the better quality goods remain for folks who are able and don't mind paying more for quality.

Honored Contributor

They say that grain can be contaminated in the fields from feces.....why do farmers use cow poop to fertilize?

Respected Contributor

"Select bags of Pillsbury Best 5-pound Bread Flour, sold by Hometown Food Co., were recalled Friday due to the potential presence of E. coli.

Approximately 4,620 cases of the flour were distributed to a limited number of retailers and distributors in 10 states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia.

The affected bags of flour have the UPC code 051500200315 and a use-by date of June 8, 2020 or June 9, 2020, the recall notice states."

I purchased a bag from Walmart recently and used some two days ago to make dinner rolls.  The UPC code is the same ~ 051500200315 but the use-by date is different ~ Aug 16, 2020.

Is mine safe? Smiley Surprised

~ usa today

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The UPC code will be the same for each of the same  size bag...the use by date is the one that is in question for contamination..If you don’t feel safe return the flour and try another brand.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

What's going on with all these flour recalls ?

Gold Medal is always being recalled

Even King Arthur is being recalled

Now, PIllsbury.......

Wish I could get White Lilly in my area. It will be recalled too, probably.

The King Arthur and the Pillsbury were milled at the same mill. There’s also a third flour. See my post from last night for the complete information. The reason for flour recalls is that flour contains raw wheat which can become contaminated anywhere in many steps from field to mill to packaging to handling to store. 

Honored Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

@SharkE I am shaking my head and wondering the same.  Flour?  Seems so unlikely.

Raw wheat. Field grown. Many steps in its handling. See my post from last night which explains how the contamination occurs. There are currently three flours recalled, all processed at the same mill.