Frequent Contributor

With tears in my eyes and pain in my heart I have to tell you that Piggy has lost her battle with Lymphoma after 2 short months of being diagnosed and going through Chemo. She never fully recovered after the Doxorubicin Sept 7. Had an overnight stay with Fluids, revived a bit. Started Elspar 28 Sept. Was scheduled to start CeeNu (Lumustine) Monday

Sat pm had black tarry stools and early Sun morning vomited blood. Husband stayed home w/Mom(88 w/ALZ) while I took Piggy to the Hospital.

They did blood work, not much had changed since she had it done Wed. Wanted to keep her over night and give some additional meds. Was supposed to take her to reg vet Mon a.m.

Went home and talked with husband, son & DIL. I could not in good conscious put any more poison into Piggy's little body.

Made the most difficult decision of all to let her go. I think I read on this board you can't do it too early but you can wait too late I just kept going over this in my head.

I had to put Piggy's needs before my own no matter how much it would hurt to be with out her.

She barely could walk when we brought her home and I had to carry her outside, upstairs etc. She could not jump onto the bench at the end of the bed to sleep w/us so I put a comforter and blankets down in the master bath and slept w/her. She had labored breathing and sometimes would lay on the cool tile but other times snuggle beside me. Maggie (mini Doxie) also joined us.

I had hoped she would give me a sign and she did. She was ready even though we were not. She had a peaceful passing and was surrounded by love and I know she felt it.

The pain is so great but I know with the passing of time our tears will become smiles when we think of our sweet Angel Piggy.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and support as we tried to fight this terrible disease.

Piggy will always be with us in spirit

Teddy (Mary) and Angel Piggy