Honored Contributor

Re: Pier 1 wants to close their remaining stores

[ Edited ]

@traveler wrote:

Pier 1 pulled out of Alaska Dec. 1, 2019. I wonder how Pottery Barn is doing. I like them also.

@traveler, I love the dishes I bought at Pottery Barn a few months. We love our porcelain white, but I just felt like a little color would be a nice change. They have a line of hand-painted and hand-glazed stoneware dishes and serving pieces called Pueblo: It's white with a cobalt blue Mexican-inspired design.

They were just what I wanted. So we alternate now.

Puebla Dinner Plate

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@traveler wrote:

Pier 1 pulled out of Alaska Dec. 1, 2019. I wonder how Pottery Barn is doing. I like them also.

@traveler, I love the dishes I bought at Pottery Barn a few months. We love our porcelain white, but I just felt like a little color would be a nice change. They have a line of hand-painted and hand-glazed stoneware dishes and serving pieces called Pueblo: It's white with a cobalt blue Mexican-inspired design.

Puebla Dinner Plate

@suzyQ3  Love your blue and white Pueblo...just my style...

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@traveler wrote:

Puebla Dinner Plate

@suzyQ3  Love your blue and white Pueblo...just my style...

Thank you, @ScarletDove. I bought the dinner plates and luncheon plates. Now I'm considering some other pieces.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I bought a setting Chateau Claire indigo. There are many designs I like.

Valued Contributor

Super sad news I read today!  I've gotten some great things there in all categories! Love their furniture which I've purchased in store at great discounts!!  VERY well made sturdy stuff! Super cute seasonal items & have some of their florals which have held up forever!

Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I've decorated entire houses (rentals) with Pier 1 furnishings.  Figured it wasn't too expensive and if it lasted a few seasons, I'd be happy.  But it lasted almost 10 years and a few homes were sold with the furniture and other decor.

Slightly O/T, but I'm wondering now what happens when you hold a credit card with these stores.

I happen to have a Pier 1 card and a few to other stores that are also closing.  I have no balances on them.  But I've heard it's bad to close credit cards.  Not sure about that, but have read it (here possibly?).

@Lucky Charm  This happened to me (holding a credit card) for Barneys New York. When the store closed for good, I was notified and simply made any payments through the site they always had. The only difference is the CC has been removed from my credit report as if it never existed. So, it was "closed" out by the company but didn't have any affect on my credit report. Apparently, this is the norm when a business closes its doors.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Trusted Contributor

I don't like to see any store close. Especially now when we need the jobs. I always liked Pier 1 and will miss them in our town. 

Honored Contributor

Always sad to hear of any business failing and more people losing jobs.  However, I never did much care for this store.  It had some pretty things, some unusual things, but for the most part, I found the majority of the stock to be impractical and over priced. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I enjoyed their Holiday items, especially since VPHill has not been too exciting. I have a rabbit with a bowl for water or bird seed outside I bought this Spring. I liked their wine glasses with whimsical things for the seasons. I ordered on line as 1 1/2 hours from the store. CS was nice if a wine glass broke in shipping and replaced it. I enjoyed browsing on line. It would be nice to still have an on line order option. I also appreciated their sales midseason.