Honored Contributor

Re: Pier 1 wants to close their remaining stores

I hate to see them go out of business though I must say they had very little the past year or so when I'd visit the store.

Honored Contributor

This is very SAD news!!!  I love to browse their stores, I get lots of inspiration there.....  Even one of the employees said one time....some people dont like to come to work, but he said he enjoyed the job because the the store atmosphere brightened his spirits....  I feel sorry for those that will lose their jobs....

The big problem withy Pier 1 (and QVC should pay attention)....was their prices were just not competitive....Similar items can be found at Hobby Lobby, Home Goods,  Marshalls, T.J. Maxx, Tuesday Morning at much lower prices....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I really liked their dishes. 

Me too @GenXmuse . Last Christmas I saw some dinnerware with spruce trees on it. I would have been able to use them for the entire winter which last until April here.

Lol maybe they'll put some on their website and you can snag them if they have any left. I got a pretty set for autumn or thanksgiving with a leaf border and different woodland animals.  

Honored Contributor

I think most of the stores closed here several years ago; the one near me was next door to a Kirklands and now they are both gone. Hate that!
Honored Contributor

I decorated my dorm and apt with Pier One things but outgrew their concept when I married and bought a house. I miss Kirklands because I have bought several lamps and some artwork there.
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

This is very SAD news!!!  I love to browse their stores, I get lots of inspiration there.....  Even one of the employees said one time....some people dont like to come to work, but he said he enjoyed the job because the the store atmosphere brightened his spirits....  I feel sorry for those that will lose their jobs....

The big problem withy Pier 1 (and QVC should pay attention)....was their prices were just not competitive....Similar items can be found at Hobby Lobby, Home Goods,  Marshalls, T.J. Maxx, Tuesday Morning at much lower prices....

@Spurt Yes, they need buyers, not just browsers. I bought a few things but always on sale. Just too expensive when one can find comparable items far cheaper elsewhere. We have recently lost several locally owned businesses that sold lovely, unique decor items for home and patio. I am so sad to see these closings. 

Respected Contributor

Another retailer who didn't keep up with shopping trends.  Play the game or go away.  Sad.

Honored Contributor

I purchased a very nice sideboard and a nice wicker/wooden storage item for blankets and such.  This was years ago and both were on sale.

I also purchased a set of glasses.

I haven't been in Pier 1 in a long time but the last time the quality seemed to have diminished.  Browsing was always fun and it's a shame to see another store closing.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Pier 1 pulled out of Alaska Dec. 1, 2019. I wonder how Pottery Barn is doing. I like them also.

Honored Contributor

'''''''''

@SunValley wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt Yes, they need buyers, not just browsers. I bought a few things but always on sale. Just too expensive when one can find comparable items far cheaper elsewhere. We have recently lost several locally owned businesses that sold lovely, unique decor items for home and patio. I am so sad to see these closings. 

@SunValley 

Its so sad to see Pier 1 go, and also these unique local decor shops close too Smiley Sad 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”