Respected Contributor

Pier 1 closing stores

[ Edited ]

The Pier1 near me is closing. They started with the store closing sale today.  One of the employees told me they just found out the store was closing on Tuesday. I feel for those employees. 

Honored Contributor

I am so sad about this. Our local store is closing as well, and it is such a nice store, but it was never busy, except for maybe the week before Christmas.....Otherwise it was never busy.....In fact they are closing several near me, so the closest one willbe an hour away now.....I feel so bad for all of those employees as well. 

Respected Contributor

I went to Pier 1 a couple of times and both times all I saw was junk.  Horrible quality.  Shocked they've stayed in business this long.

Respected Contributor

If you go to pier1.com and put in your zip code you can see if your store is erased from the website.

I never shop there put apparently the store where I live is closing.

Honored Contributor

The three near me are all on the closing list as well.  One of those was huge.  It has two stories and was always gorgeous inside, looked like you stepped into a high-end magazine.  But that one also had very few customers in there in the past year.  

HomeGoods are also plentiful near me, and they are always crowded.

Honored Contributor

The one here is closing too.

Honored Contributor

Mine is also closing, and we lost our BBB in November. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's so sad all these stores closing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Our store closed recently also. I went in search of a tablecloth, and there was an out of business sign on the door.  This came as a surprise, as there was no local notice of the closing. It's disheartening, although not completely unexpected, I suppose, and It seems that almost daily I read about other local, iconic stores closing. A Macy's  near us is set to close soon as well.🙁 . My heart bleeds for those poor families that are solely dependent on that income, and were not given proper notice, so they could seek other employment; particularly the long-term employees. They're casualties of the booming online retail market to be sure, but I hope they're able to find employment soon, as their employment opportunities are dwindling. It truly breaks my heart when I read about others closing.💔

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: Pier 1 closing stores

[ Edited ]

WHEW!!!  My store is staying open.....I do love my Pier1 store  that's closest to me....they have a lot of nice things and it serves as decorating inspiration.....

My sister and I went to a Pier1 on the other side of town, since the store nearest us said they had an item in stock she was looking for....That store was junky and unorganized but its still there on the location list as staying open ....interesting....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”