Honored Contributor

Re: Phylicia Rashad Speaking Out on Cosby - Strong Words

I would like to see all the victims stand together and make an announcement that, yes, we are a little late in coming out with this information. We know it should have been sooner but their is strength in numbers and we feel we have an important story to tell. Hopefully because a few brave women came out many others who may have felt they couldn't before...now will.

"Legends" are not above the law. As far as ruining a legacy.....he did that all by himself. People reap what they sow no matter who they are. Celebrities are not exempt.

I also think it would behoove these women to say that any monetary gains would go to "rape centers" all over this country and none of them want to profit monetarily from this. They just want justice and a chance to finally tell the truth. I also think they should admit that it was a mistake not to have come forward sooner. It may have saved someone else from having to experience what they did. Now, they see the importance of getting the truth out there....and it is important....it sends a powerful message to both women and men.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/7/2015 RainCityGirl said:

So because some of you seem to know Bill better than Rashad, she has no right to express her opinion of the man she worked with for years and years? Silence anyone who doesn't support your conclusions. Seriously? Raven Simone also spoke out as did Kesha Knight Pulliam. Silence them too because nothing they have to say is at all relevant. They are simply giving their knowledge of the man they worked with. Doesn't mean what they experienced isn't valid as well as the validity of his accusers.

The good side of him is irrelevant in regards to these cases. Too many have come forward for it not to be true so it doesn't matter what she or Kesha think of him.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't read the whole thread. Has anyone here addressed the possibility of her being financially rewarded in exchange for her statements? Bill Cosby could very well be paying her.
Super Contributor

On 1/7/2015 jubilant said:

I would like to see all the victims stand together and make an announcement that, yes, we are a little late in coming out with this information. We know it should have been sooner but their is strength in numbers and we feel we have an important story to tell. Hopefully because a few brave women came out many others who may have felt they couldn't before...now will.

"Legends" are not above the law. As far as ruining a legacy.....he did that all by himself. People reap what they sow no matter who they are. Celebrities are not exempt.

I also think it would behoove these women to say that any monetary gains would go to "rape centers" all over this country and none of them want to profit monetarily from this. They just want justice and a chance to finally tell the truth. I also think they should admit that it was a mistake not to have come forward sooner. It may have saved someone else from having to experience what they did. Now, they see the importance of getting the truth out there....and it is important....it sends a powerful message to both women and men.

I agree with what you have said since it HAS been years and years since the allegations were to have taken place. Just curious, but what IS it that the women collectively or individually want? Do they want him arrested and imprisoned? Do they want money? Do they simply want their truth to be made public? Are they suing for what the whole experience did to them in life? And why now? Is this going to end up in a court of law? A criminal suit? A civil suit?

Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2015 CardinalGirl said: I haven't read the whole thread. Has anyone here addressed the possibility of her being financially rewarded in exchange for her statements? Bill Cosby could very well be paying her.

That is a possibility, CG.

Honored Contributor

I didn't realize Rashad was that stupid. She should shut-up.

Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2015 RainCityGirl said:

So because some of you seem to know Bill better than Rashad, she has no right to express her opinion of the man she worked with for years and years? Silence anyone who doesn't support your conclusions. Seriously? Raven Simone also spoke out as did Kesha Knight Pulliam. Silence them too because nothing they have to say is at all relevant. They are simply giving their knowledge of the man they worked with. Doesn't mean what they experienced isn't valid as well as the validity of his accusers.

Not sure what you are reading to come up with these conclusions.

The problem I have with what she said is, she's trashing the women who came forward in the process of giving her opinion. That was not necessary.

She's come up with some oddball conspiracy theory that makes little to no sense.

She brought race into this.

She can say what she wants and I can comment on what she said.

She kept quiet for this long because she didn't want to be involved in it so why now?