Esteemed Contributor

Ballet student Anthony Mmesoma Madu, center, dances in the street as fellow dancers look on in Lagos, Nigeria on Aug. 18, 2020. Cellphone video showing the 11-year-old dancing barefoot in the rain went viral on social media. Madu’s practice dance session was so impressive that it earned him a ballet scholarship with the American Ballet Theater in the U.S. (AP Photo/Sunday Alamba)

Slide 1 of 8: Ballet student Anthony Mmesoma Madu, center, dances in the street as fellow dancers look on in Lagos, Nigeria on Aug. 18, 2020. Cellphone video showing the 11-year-old dancing barefoot in the rain went viral on social media. Madu’s practice dance session was so impressive that it earned him a ballet scholarship with the American Ballet Theater in the U.S. (AP Photo/Sunday Alamba)

Spectacular!

Esteemed Contributor

This is what we need more of in this world. What a talented young man, and this kind of story gives me renewed hope in this dismal world.

Valued Contributor

@SoX  Wow!  Very impressive!

Esteemed Contributor

@SoX  Thanks so much for posting! My son is in a hardcore band that travels all over the world. I remember him telling me about a band in Madagascar that was fantastic. He said they would probably not get any kind of world recognition due to their obscure situation and no money to travel. The more we can expose these talents, the better.

Honored Contributor

@SoX I saw the original video of him dancing in the rain on Iman's Instagram page.

What a phenomenal story, I hope for all good things for him❤

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@SoX   I will post the you tube video of this young lad dancing in the rain that went viral.  It was the video that resulted in the scholarship here in the US.   It is such a neat story and what an incredibly talented young lad he is!

Thank you for posting this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRRarE4AYEE 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Photo of the Day

[ Edited ]

@pitdakota 

I hadn't seen the video  ... what an intelligent, sweet and talented young man ...   Maybe we'll see him perform in America someday soon ... I hope so.

Thanks for posting ... 

Honored Contributor

Re: Photo of the Day

[ Edited ]

@pitdakotaThank you for the video.

Perfection.Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@SoX and @pitdakota,

Thank you for the image and the video.   Good feelings, from my toes to my nose!   Thank you for sharing this.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo @SoX @Cakers3 

Glad you enjoyed the video.  My daughter sent that to me via text so I thought I would share it.   I loved watching it and was thrilled to read he was offered a scholarship here!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *