Honored Contributor

Re: Photo of the Clooney Twins

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe

There are many, though, who think those who are on social media

then get violated (think: Kardashian robbery), kinda 'deserved' it.

ETA:  but of course, that's crazy to think that. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@momtochloe

There are many, though, who think those who are on social media

then get violated (think: Kardashian robbery), kinda 'deserved' it.

@sidsmom I get what you are saying but I find this to be terrible invasion of privacy for a couple that never seeks out the spotlight as it always seems to be seeking them.  Those pictures of George and Amal with their babies was completely out of bounds.

eta:  to be clear here, for me there is no comparison between what happened to the Clooney's and what happened to the any of the Kardashians as one lives their lives in the spotlight and the other is living their lives and unfortunately is a magnet for the spotlight.

Honored Contributor

That's unfortunate one would be held to a different standard than the other. Thank heavens the law doesn't abide by that. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

That's unfortunate one would be held to a different standard than the other. Thank heavens the law doesn't abide by that. 

@sidsmom with all due respect I would never hold a family that does not seek out the spotlight to one that makes a very good living making sure they are in said spotlight.  Whatever publicity/attention the Kardashian clan gets is totally self generated as opposed to George and Amal living their lives in their yard.  For me, there is no comparison coupled with the fact that the paparazzi crossed legal lines in obtaining those photos.

This has nothing to do with standards as the Clooney pics were illegally obtained. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@sidsmom with all due respect I would never hold a family that does not seek out the spotlight to one that makes a very good living making sure they are in said spotlight.  Whatever publicity/attention the Kardashian clan gets is totally self generated as opposed to George and Amal living their lives in their yard.  For me, there is no comparison coupled with the fact that the paparazzi crossed legal lines in obtaining those photos.

This has nothing to do with standards as the Clooney pics were illegally obtained. 

I'm not talking about pictures, I'm talking about the crimes committed 

on these celebrities.  When KK got robbed last year, everyone was 

saying she asked for it...and so much as to say, all the family deserves

any ill notions which happen to them just because they're in the

spotlight more than most.   A crime (KK robbery) is a crime (Clooney pictures).  

One entity doesn't deserve it more than the other

because they are in the spotlight more than the other.

The law protects everyone.  It's the jury of Public Opionion which 

is the real bugger! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

It's disturbing how many use the

'short-skirt-she-asked-for-it" reasoning.  

Seriously?  

H.o.w. can someone be that immoral not to understand this?

Just because someone is famous,

doesn't mean we can commit a crime against that person.

@sidsmom  That's rather a nasty comment to your fellow posters.   Disagreeing with you doesn't make someone immoral.

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Maybe he should have better security if they're climbing his fence. This couple can certainly can afford it.  Maybe an electric fence would stop photographers. 😬

@MoJoV  I was also surprised when I first read the article that they didn't have better security, esp. since Amal's activism has made her an ISIS target, sadly.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

It's disturbing how many use the

'short-skirt-she-asked-for-it" reasoning.  

Seriously?  

H.o.w. can someone be that immoral not to understand this?

Just because someone is famous,

doesn't mean we can commit a crime against that person.

@sidsmom  That's rather a nasty comment to your fellow posters.   Disagreeing with you doesn't make someone immoral.

If you believe the skirt-is-too-short theory, than it is what it is.

Not cool. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

I'm not talking about pictures, I'm talking about the crimes committed 

on these celebrities.  When KK got robbed last year, everyone was 

saying she asked for it...and so much as to say, all the family deserves

any ill notions which happen to them just because they're in the

spotlight more than most.   A crime (KK robbery) is a crime (Clooney pictures).  One entity doesn't deserve it more than the other

because they are in the spotlight more than the other.

The law protects everyone.  It's the jury of Public Opionion which 

is the real bugger! Smiley Happy

@sidsmom ok, clearly we are on completely different levels as I cannot for the life of me equate a family that completely lives their lives and makes their living in the public eye and ergo through their public media posting may have invited being harmed  versus a family that is just living their lives as best they can even though the media is obsessed with them through no fault of their own.

The Clooneys are not flaunting their children out for public comsumption as opposed to the Kardashians that do it for a living and then are stunned when they are robbed.  Instagram is not your friend.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Just for the record, the paparzzi in question not only climbed over the Clooney's fence but also climbed into one of their trees to get a better shot.  This whole thing is revolting and I hope they all pay dearly for this as the bottom line is that they are just a couple with a newborn set of twins trying to live their lives.