Frequent Contributor

Re: Photo of Sweat after capture

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U wrote:

Who can tell? Perhaps he shaved to look different, or he just doesn't grow facial hair like other men.

I know one thing, criminals aren't too smart! I mean did they really think they would get away with this?

It's like when I see mugshots of people on the news who rob banks or whatnot. Ding ding ding, there's cameras now and 90% of them don't bother to cover their face, so they are always caught!

-------------------

On the contrary I think they were pretty smart as well as calculating and methodical to escape from a maximum security prison. They were able to manipulate the prison employees to aid them in their escape. The planning took years. Their getaway driver backed out, otherwise they would be long gone. There are hundreds of prison escapees not yet captured and still at large, as we type. He's a cold-blooded killer but he is far from stupid.

Honored Contributor

The Buffalo News just reported that the two cons split up 5 days ago...because Matt was sick and was slowing down Sweat.

He told people in the hospital that they had originally planned on driving to Mexico and the 3 were going to live happily ever after.

Yeah. Sure.

I think they were planning on killing the woman...but he certainly isn't going to admit that now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the local news updates Terrier.  You provide a lot more detail than national outlets.  Very interesting!

eta:  I NEVER would have said Sweat would dump the other one.  That was a shocking piece of information.

Honored Contributor

The local lead reporter for criminal news, Lou Michele, wrote the book with Timothy McVeigh on his crime and his reasons for doing it. He's a very good reporter.

Two days before Matt was shot & killed, he was left behind. I too was surprised that he turned out to be the big baby of the two. 

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

The Buffalo News just reported that the two cons split up 5 days ago...because Matt was sick and was slowing down Sweat.

He told people in the hospital that they had originally planned on driving to Mexico and the 3 were going to live happily ever after.

Yeah. Sure.

I think they were planning on killing the woman...but he certainly isn't going to admit that now.

And yet, even though that's probably true, I wonder how many women will be trying to communicate with him, writing him letters and sending whatever they can?

Even Manson had that young girl recently in the news who wanted to marry him. It takes all kinds. 

Respected Contributor

Escaped convict David Sweat is seen here after being shot and captured by police in Constable, N.Y. on June 28, 2015. WWNY

Honored Contributor

CNN was interviewing Sweat's mom and my heart went out to her.  They were asking the usual stupid questions while she was crying.  In the end all she said was "I just want to know what's wrong with my son."  That was absolutely heartbreaking.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

Yeah. Sure.

You're probably right-  but instead now he wants to implcate her to the nth degree! 

Esteemed Contributor

I heard the family, not sure if the mother stated it, wanted to sue as he wasn't treated promptly after capture. I think they should have waited a wee bit longer
Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

My assumption would also be that a fugitive would do anything to alter their appearance, particularly compared to the mugshot  image the general public would be familiar with.  If he had access to hair dye I'm sure he would have used it.

haha!  I don't hunt but I know lots of folks who do and I've never heard of any of them taking hair dye to their hunting cabin!  

Poor Sweat.  Such a disappointment to find the medicine cabinet at that rustic hunting cabin didn't have the hair dye he so needed.    Smiley Very Happy