Honored Contributor

Re: Photo of Sweat after capture

ibb38 wrote:

terrier3 wrote:

The Buffalo News just reported that the two cons split up 5 days ago...because Matt was sick and was slowing down Sweat.

He told people in the hospital that they had originally planned on driving to Mexico and the 3 were going to live happily ever after.

Yeah. Sure.

I think they were planning on killing the woman...but he certainly isn't going to admit that now.

You're probably right-  but instead now he wants to implcate her to the nth degree! 

I imagine they were pretty ticked off when she didn't show up with the vehicle.    That put a ginormous dent in their 'plan'.

Respected Contributor

I read that Matt had food poisoning and probably suffered from severe abdominal pain.  They found a soiled pair of underwear in the field and DNA said it was his.   I also read that he was coughing and that's how the unit found him.   So he was probably pretty sick and that's why they split up.

I'm surprised Sweat is talking.

I've been at work all day.....has there been an update on his condition?

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

I read that Matt had food poisoning and probably suffered from severe abdominal pain.  They found a soiled pair of underwear in the field and DNA said it was his.   I also read that he was coughing and that's how the unit found him.   So he was probably pretty sick and that's why they split up.

He's been upgraded from critical to serious.  I can just imagine how mad they were when that woman didn't show up to pick them up!

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

On the news they said he confirmed everything they'd suspected about that sweetheart of a lady in jail.  The 3 of them were going to Mexico in her car after they killed her husband.

This is pretty much what was reported when they arrested her.  Where did the authorities get their information?

Super Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

On the news they said he confirmed everything they'd suspected about that sweetheart of a lady in jail.  The 3 of them were going to Mexico in her car after they killed her husband.

This is pretty much what was reported when they arrested her.  Where did the authorities get their information?

That is what the woman (I can't remember her name) told them when they arrested her.  Sweat said the same thing.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Esteemed Contributor

He looked like he did in his mug shot.  Joyce Mitchel first had her affair with him before Matt.  I wonder what he will say and report about her.  He may not have been her first at that prison. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

She never said anything about her going to Mexico with them. What I read she was to drive them 7 hours away to wooded area. She said they never elaborated as to where exactly 7 hours away. Also I was surprised Matt just kinda said okay and let Sweat go on his way. I always thought he'd be the boss of the 2, and wouldn't trust Sweat (would rather kill him than split up)
Contributor

So many questions; so little time. With Matt dead, we'll never know if we are getting the whole truth. Even if Matt hadn't been killed I suspect we'd still never know.

Loved the hair dye at a hunting cabin remarks.

Honored Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

He's going to be fine...he didn't even need surgery.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

That is what the woman (I can't remember her name) told them when they arrested her.  Sweat said the same thing.

Didn't she deny she'd been involved with either of them?  Also, I thought she said she did not know they planned to kill her husband. I could have things mixed up with an interview I saw with her husband.