Honored Contributor

Re: Photo of Jericho the Lion

I just read United, Delta and American Airlines will no longer transport lion, rhinoceros, lepard, elephant or baffalo remains.

Delta was subjected to an online petition since they have a number of direct routes to African cities. The other 2 fly to fewer sub-Saharan cities, but will stop carrying trophies effective immediately.

Respected Contributor

Years ago, Delta confiscated my teeny tiny scissors, but they allowed lion heads?!?!?

Trusted Contributor

I was under the impression that Jericho was a rivel lion, not a brother, and that it was feared that he would take over the pride and kill off Cecil's cubs.  ??

Super Contributor

@gonnab wrote:

I was under the impression that Jericho was a rivel lion, not a brother, and that it was feared that he would take over the pride and kill off Cecil's cubs.  ??

According to TMZ.com:  "Jericho and Cecil were not related, but in the jungle it doesn't matter much.  There's such a thing as 'cooperative coalitions' between unrelated male lions, who band together to protect their territories.  As the studies go, 42% of these coalitions involve lions who have no blood relation."

It will be interesting to see if another male lion joins this particular coalition to share protection duties with Jericho.