Super Contributor

Photo of Jericho the Lion

[ Edited ]

jerico_20150802_sm.jpgIn case anyone has not yet seen this, here is the photo of Jericho the lion taken over the weekend, proving he is alive.  One cannot help but notice the sadness in his eyes as he must know his "brother" Cecil is no longer...

Honored Contributor

Re: Photo of Jericho the Lion

Beautiful.  Looks like a painting.  Thanks for posting.  I hope he can save those wonderful cubs.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

They said he keeps going back to the last place Cecil was alive and letting out a low roar.

I can certainly believe that, as my own domestic cats have done a similar thing, when we've lost one of our furbabies.

Makes me sad just to think about it.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

Beautiful.  Looks like a painting.  Thanks for posting.  I hope he can save those wonderful cubs.

LilacTree, ITA - it does look like a painting, and hoping that he can protect these cubs as well Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

Beautiful picture and thanks for sharing.  I just read where Delta, United and American airlines are banning transporting trophy kills.  Finally, some good news for a change.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

They said he keeps going back to the last place Cecil was alive and letting out a low roar.

I can certainly believe that, as my own domestic cats have done a similar thing, when we've lost one of our furbabies.

Thanks so much for mentioning this, Venezia - and great point on cats who mourn as well.  I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved furbaby.  And I also have cats as well - when my beloved Shadi passed away in September 2013, my other kitty Sweetpea meowed in a low tone for a while as she knew...

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Last year when my youngest daughter's beautiful ragdoll cat died at 18, this is what her companion of many of those years did . . . for days.  Those are Minou's ashes.  How Macy knew that I will never comprehend or forget.

Carolean B. DeVine's photo.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

He is such a beautiful, majestic animal, as was his brother, Cecil.  My heart is broken for him and the pride.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could not read anything on Ceceil, for it is too sad. I only opened this one since I know it was bittersweet but not tragic.

Thank you for posting such a beautiful picture.

Super Contributor

This really is a beautiful photo of Jericho and it does indeed look like a painting.  I wish him and his pride a really long life.  Also, did anyone see the photos of animals screened (I'm not sure of the word) onto the Empire State Building over the weekend?  They were absolutely beautiful - and of course Cecil was shown also.  I sincerely hope that this new worldwide interest in the plight of animals doesn't die out and that some great changes are made because of it.  One thing I have noticed already.  Although Zimbabwe have vowed to make some changes in their hunting laws, I certainly haven't noticed any vows from any other countries - have you?  Could it be that once again the dollar signs might have priority?