Respected Contributor

Re: Phone Interview on Friday---UPDATE 5/23/2016

[ Edited ]

Hello all

Many thanks for your support through encouragement, prayer, positive thoughts. I could feel it working.

Apart from the crazy stuff that always seems to go wrong, here's how it went:

I had the interview, but they swtiched the place and the person who was to retrieve me. I met with the hiring manager. A very gracious and friendly person. If I don't get this, it will not be because she didn't like me, because I think she did.  It was refreshing to talk about certain things. I am not sure if they were the "right" answers for her, but I know they were right for me. She asked about my technical qualifications, etc.

But this was meet-and-greet.

What she told me was that they had been getting pitchesfrom other people and so they were at the beginning of the process. So there is no knock their socks off immediate hiring. There are other steps in this process and you even have to come back and be tested. The "we will let you know" might not be just a brush off in this case. (Yes, I know they say that to get rid of you.). It's possible that I might have a shot, she truly tried to help me out; I could sense that. 

At least she didn't make me feel like a clod and this time I knew that I ould hod my own and talk about what I know and along with a few hypothetical questions.

But I just don't know.

Trusted Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

Hello all

Many thanks for your support through encouragement, prayer, positive thoughts. I could feel it working.

Apart from the crazy stuff that always seems to go wrong, here's how it went:

I had the interview, but they swtiched the place and the person who was to retrieve me. I met with the hiring manager. A very gracious and friendly person. If I don't get this, it will not be because she didn't like me, because I think she did.  It was refreshing to talk about certain things. I am not sure if they were the "right" answers for her, but I know they were right for me. She asked about my technical qualifications, etc.

But this was meet-and-greet.

What she told me was that they had been getting pitchesfrom other people and so they were at the beginning of the process. So there is no knock their socks off immediate hiring. There are other steps in this process and you even have to come back and be tested. The "we will let you know" might not be just a brush off in this case. (Yes, I know they say that to get rid of you.). It's possible that I might have a shot, she truly tried to help me out; I could sense that. 

At least she didn't make me feel like a clod and this time I knew that I ould hod my own and talk about what I know and along with a few hypothetical questions.

But I just don't know.

Thanks for keeping us posted.  I will keep my fingers crossed that it all works out for you.  I spoke with another girl who had hoops to jump through for the job she now dispises. 

Esteemed Contributor

If it was meant to be, it will be.  If not, something better is just around the corner.

The waiting is the hardest part!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

Good luck JavaQueen! I know exactly how it is. I have an interview tomorrow. Neurolinguistic programming has been recommended to me--maybe you want to look in to it. Regardless, the best thing to do is to believe in yourself.Smiley Happy

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Respected Contributor

Thanks

JBKO

Hope you do you well in your interview tomorrow! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a relative who is going through the same thing you are. Hearing about it from another person, helps me with how I see things. So much has changed now in how they do things. It most assuradely is not easy at all now. I wish everyone a lot of luck having to go through this now, it's never easy having to wait and see. But if you did your best, you did your best.

Respected Contributor

6/4/2016 UPDATE

A week has passed since I posted this news. Nothing from this-so far.

I do really thank you for you all your kind thoughts and prayers. It means a lot. This has been a very difficult process.

Please pray that a door opens for me. It really has to open somewhere.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

6/4/2016 UPDATE

A week has passed since I posted this news. Nothing from this-so far.

I do really thank you for you all your kind thoughts and prayers. It means a lot. This has been a very difficult process.

Please pray that a door opens for me. It really has to open somewhere.  Thanks.

Don't stop applying for a job.  Work as hard at applying as you would if you had a job.  Keep looking and using your network of friends.  Good luck and HUGS to you!!!

Respected Contributor

Hugs to you today.  Keep your chin up!

Respected Contributor

Try to be patient.  I once interviewed for a job in Feb.     I didn't get the offer until May.   I was there 9 years and loved it.