Respected Contributor

Phone Interview on Friday---UPDATE 5/23/2016

[ Edited ]

It's been a long haul. I have been working as a consultant/freelancer since being laid off in 2011. It was very hard getting interviews and I don't get enough practice. I'm not 25 years old anymore, and I still have to work a long time.  

It's just so tough. I go back and forth, because I have to stop and work on projects to keep going.  I get contacted from recruiters abiout jobs which are termporary and they don/t mesh with what I am doing.  No one wants to commit to more than four months at a time, which is ridiculous.

Anyway I was contacted by a recruiter for an international company and it is for a real job with benefits. I sent my resume in and have a phone interview with the hiring manager. Wish me luck! They haven't told me how many hoops I woud have to jump through for this job. But I have to get through this one.

Thanks, ladies!

UPDATE  5/23/2016.

Please read after #47. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Phone Interview on Friday

I'm sure you'll do fine, good luck and go get that job!!!

Esteemed Contributor

So happy you have this opportunity.

Let us know the outcome

and don't worry 

Respected Contributor

Best of luck!  Think positive about this.  Do you have any specific questions?  I recall some posters here who've worked as job counselors or hiring managers.  They might be able to give you useful tips.

Super Contributor

Good Luck!  I'm sure you'll do great in the interview!

Esteemed Contributor

@JavaQueen, be confident! They CHOSE to interview you. You know you are qualified for the position. The past five years have provided you with knowledge you wouldn't have if you had stayed on your last job. Listen. Be welcoming. Ask questions that showcase your knowledge about their company and industry. Be prepared to tell the interviewer how and why you could benefit their company.

Your post sold me! Have a great interview! Woman Happy

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

good luck!!!! when's the phone interview so I can say a little prayer for you?

Trusted Contributor

ooops! sorry for asking. I just reread your title and it says Friday. good luck again. we're rooting for you! please let us know the outcome if you don't mind. 😊

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your encouragement, all. I tend to get very, very nervous. That is my biggest flaw. It was a big problem when I first started my career years ago.

freakygirl, the interview is at 2pm Eastern Time.  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

i will be thinking positive thoughts for you, and i wish you the best of luck!