Honored Contributor

Just for fun, what is one sentence that encapsulates your philosophy of life.  Mine was , is and always will be that happiness is a choice. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

Many great philosophical thoughts come to mind, but  at the moment mine is what you have posted at the end of your posts: " You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan 

Have a beautiful day!  Thanks for the great question! 

Esteemed Contributor

The best revenge is a good life.

This seems like a win/win for mankind. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

You make your own happiness.

Honored Contributor

@FreedomShopper wrote:

Many great philosophical thoughts come to mind, but  at the moment mine is what you have posted at the end of your posts: " You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan 

Have a beautiful day!  Thanks for the great question! 

@FreedomShopper , I like the way you think, 😻 have a lovely day !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Nothing stays the same.

Respected Contributor

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I learned it the hard way.

Honored Contributor

Every communication is either an expression of love or a request for love. Heart

Long rambling explanation:

The point of this sentence is that anything awful I or anyone else ever says - is just a request for love that is phrased really really poorly. It's my own paraphrase of Marianne Williamson's quote: “The way of the miracle-worker is to see all human behavior as one two things: either love, or a call for love.”

It allows me an alternate way to look at people who do bad things. Doesn't mean I don't stop destructive activity when I can. Doesn't mean I have to entertain oppressive negativity in my personal orbit. But it removes the burden of hating people who do bad or hurtful things. They're people with a severe lack of love in their lives, even from and for themselves, and I would never want to have to live like that or trade places with them no matter who they are. The worse someone behaves, the sadder I feel for them. They're telling me all about themselves without realizing it.

And then there are the warm people who express a lot of love. The good eggs in the bunch and I just adore them. Genuine warmth and a loud full laugh are signs of someone who has a lot of love for themselves and everyone else. Speaking from the heart is an expression of love. Even if what you have to say is hard to hear, speaking clearly from the heart never steers you wrong.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

This famous quote defines my philosophy of life, and is part of my daily, morning reflection.😊

You must be the change you wish to see in the world-Mohandas Ghandi.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Life is learning lessons that we usually learn the hard way.