Trusted Contributor

Philly CC seems to be scarce these days.  Went shopping yesterday and there wasn't one box of my fav brand so I had to purchase the store brand.  I hope they get the situation resolved before cheesecake season arrives.

Trusted Contributor

Ya, I saw on TV that if people are planning on doing any holiday baking to get your staple ingredients NOW. Going to be big shortages on flour, sugar, all the baking ingredients.

Didn't think of cream cheese.

Vanilla is probably another item I would get now.

Honored Contributor

My Walmart has it.  Check there.  

Respected Contributor

Have had the same experience over the last 2 weeks, and have heard others say it.  Don't know why.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

sams club had lots of it the other day.

have not noticed any particular shortage of it in our grocery stores.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
Does it have something to do with the Nabisco strike?
Honored Contributor

I buy it in bulk at Sam's Club or Costco.  I still have some left, but I will replenish if I am getting low.

I wonder what else will disappear.

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

Philly CC seems to be scarce these days.  Went shopping yesterday and there wasn't one box of my fav brand so I had to purchase the store brand.  I hope they get the situation resolved before cheesecake season arrives.

@JillyMarie  Buy a Costco cheesecake: inexpensive and delicious.

Honored Contributor

Re: Philly Cream Cheese

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Have had the same experience over the last 2 weeks, and have heard others say it.  Don't know why.

Hyacinth

Was going through some cookbooks yesterday, looking at some favorite recipes I may want to do soon.  So many of them had CC in them, I put on the grocery list.  I'll have to check today to see and if there, get one!!

Our store was OUt as well.

Honored Contributor

I think stores are holding back orders in order to ensure enough on hand for Thanksgiving.