Honored Contributor

Philadelphia - What an HONOR -- THE POPE today

You are so fortunate to have the Pope visit your city today.  I wonder if any of the QVC people will be attending the festivities.   The Pope was kissing the liitle heads of babies yesterday -- I found it to be so touching.  any one here attending the fesitivities today?

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Philadelphia - What an HONOR -- THE POPE today

@Katcat1 wrote:

You are so fortunate to have the Pope visit your city today.  I wonder if any of the QVC people will be attending the festivities.   The Pope was kissing the liitle heads of babies yesterday -- I found it to be so touching.  any one here attending the fesitivities today?

I live 20 miles outside of Philly and would love to see him.  However, the security is so tight it is unblievable.  Most of the major roads are closed and you can only take certain trains with a pre-bought ticket.  Even if you do drive parking is so far away you have to walk quite a distance. I'm not up to a lot of walking right now.  But, the whole experience is fun.

Respected Contributor

I wish!  I would just love to be in the crowd and be able to see him.  I just think he is amazing and sweet and humble.  Take pics and share if you're attending please!

Esteemed Contributor

The Pope arrives in Philadelphia on Saturday.  And, while it may be an honor to have him here, this is one Philadelphian who will not be attending the festivities.  I'll be glad when things get back to normal and we can move around the city with ease again.

Regular Contributor

This Popes heart draws me to him...and I'm not even Catholic

Esteemed Contributor

I have met Francis in Rome and attending the mass at Ground Zero tomorrow and this is especially significant for me as I have lost friends during the attack.  Tho, I am not Catholic, Francis is a person who transcends any religion and loved by many; he is authentic and loving; just what the world is looking for and needs, a loving presence in very difficult and unkind times.  Many say Francis is controversial for various reasons but he is not promoting his religion just a simple message to treat each other kindly which includes the earth, the social doctrine of any religion; not a political message. 

Valued Contributor

This post has been removed by QVC. Political/Religiously controversial and off topic for this thread. Please keep this thread on track by not discussing religious philosophy, the religious practices of others, or politics.

Honored Contributor

I believe the Pope goes to New York this afternoon and then to Philadlephia on Saturday (according to the schedule I printed out).

Esteemed Contributor

The Pope is in Philly Saturday. I live in PA, all hotels are booked in our county and its like a 1 & 1/2 to  2 hour drive there from here.

As far as Q hosts going, Jacquie posted shes off moving into a new home, and about going to see the Pope.

I can tell you this, it wont be easy to get in Philly unless people go real early or the day(s) before!. The traffic will be horrendous, (some roads are closed already), and for that reason some people around here wont be trying to go.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I am not Catholic but I feel his compassion, reverence, love, and enormous inclusion. I have the utmost respect for this Pope! He is in DC right now, having just wrapped up his speech to Congress. I live 5 minutes away and let me tell you the excitement is everywhere! What an historic day!