Honored Contributor

Re: Philadelphia - What an HONOR -- THE POPE today

@Katcat1 wrote:

You are so fortunate to have the Pope visit your city today.  I wonder if any of the QVC people will be attending the festivities.   The Pope was kissing the liitle heads of babies yesterday -- I found it to be so touching.  any one here attending the fesitivities today?

That's not quite the way my sister who lives there sees it.  She says this visit has essentially shut down the city and has seriously inconvenienced thousands of people.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

You are so fortunate to have the Pope visit your city today.  I wonder if any of the QVC people will be attending the festivities.   The Pope was kissing the liitle heads of babies yesterday -- I found it to be so touching.  any one here attending the fesitivities today?

That's not quite the way my sister who lives there sees it.  She says this visit has essentially shut down the city and has seriously inconvenienced thousands of people.

Well he is scheduled to depart for Rome on Sunday evening, September 27th at approximately 8 p.m.  Yes I am sure his visit has inconvenienced thousands of people, but it is only for a few days and life will go on.  Praying the rest of his visit goes smoothly.

Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

I'm in suburban Philadelphia and will be going to Sunday's Mass.  Our parish had tickets available. We are going by bus and they said there will be a lot of walking involved from the drop off and on points.  It's well worth it to me.

You are very fortunate.  This Pope is defintely the People's Pope and one that I admire.  a no frills person and some of the politicians should take after him!

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have tickets to Sunday's mass in Philly and am greatly looking forward to it.  There will be a lot of people - but I'm eager to feel the good vibes.

I live in DC and while there are some road closures downtown, everything was very clear and expertly handled.  We have an organized metro system and many who work downtown just opted to work from home.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Wow, what a grump! I live in So.Ca and we frequently have "HONORED GUESTS" visit. Streets are closed, traffic is a mess but that is the way it goes!

Honored Contributor

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Wow, what a grump! I live in So.Ca and we frequently have "HONORED GUESTS" visit. Streets are closed, traffic is a mess but that is the way it goes!

I guess if you have a family to feed and can't get to work for a couple of days and don't get paid, it would tend to make you grumpy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have family members who live in Maryland and Virginia and work in Washington D.C.  My niece  works close to the Whitehouse and she had one day off and worked from home today.

My other family in NYC are very excited and will go about their normal work day tomorrow just like they do when other high ranking dignitaries visit.

Bo one is having bread taken away from their tables because of the Pospe's visit.  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

People were asked to telecommute if possible during the days the Pope is in NYC.

Its a rare opportunity and consider it a once in a lifetime situation.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

Many of the Philadelphia area school districts will be closed on Friday due to road closures and traffic. The districts are also doing a 2-hour delay on Monday morning. There have been highway signs warning those of us who live in the area of the road closures and traffic congestion all week. 

Initially i I had planned to attend the mass on Sunday but I am going to stay home. I think I would have a better chance of seeing the Pope if I went to Vatican City. 

QVC Customer Care