Honored Contributor

Re: Pfinal Pfizer Shot Today - Pfully Vaccinated and Pfeeling Pfabulous

@Shopchickie3 wrote:

I got the 2nd Pfizer shot today also! At around 10:00am- feeling fine. I did take a tylenol and am drinking lots of water. (Hydration recommended by the vaccine staff) Right now it's almost 7pm, so far so good. 

Glad for you! Isn't it great? I've been swinging my arm around a lot as well as hydrating.

Right now my upper arm is a bit sore. It's as if I worked out my right arm a bit too much or like I spent yesterday painting the walls.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

It's a great relief, right?   I'm a Moderna girl and got my second one last week.  I was elated.    

For me, it was easier than I even thought.  Firstly, you couldn't even feel it when they poked you.  I like that because needles give me a bit of anxiety.   Afterward, for both, the most I had was some mild aching below the area of the poke.  By a couple of days later I couldn't feel a thing.  It just felt like a bruise and, after the first day, I could only feel it if I pushed my hand on the area.

I know there are many different experiences, so I will just consider myself lucky that it went as well as it did.  Smiley Happy

Cheers and glad you're doing well!

Heart

Honored Contributor

Good for you ! I get my 2nd on the 24th, I can't wait. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

It's a great relief, right?   I'm a Moderna girl and got my second one last week.  I was elated.    

For me, it was easier than I even thought.  Firstly, you couldn't even feel it when they poked you.  I like that because needles give me a bit of anxiety.   Afterward, for both, the most I had was some mild aching below the area of the poke.  By a couple of days later I couldn't feel a thing.  It just felt like a bruise and, after the first day, I could only feel it if I pushed my hand on the area.

I know there are many different experiences, so I will just consider myself lucky that it went as well as it did.  Smiley Happy

Cheers and glad you're doing well!

Heart

Oh the Modern(a) Girls are here. Woman Very Happy Woman Wink

MODERN GIRLS Original Daybill Movie Poster Cynthia Gibb Virginia Madsen |  Moviemem Original Movie Posters

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I get my second Moderna 2 weeks from today.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations @Porcelain!  It is great to have the process completed isn't it?  And in 2 weeks you will be fully vaccinated!  Whoohoo!  It is liberating for sure.  Now, you can sit back and make plans to get back to doing things that appeal to you and not have to question or worry!!  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Porcelain

You said it well, you need friends and family and I couldn't agree more!

Today I am meeting with girlfriends I have known for over 65 years.  We haven't seen each other since right before the pandemic started so it has been over a year.  We are excited and happy to finally be able to resume our monthly lunch dates and catch up.  We did keep in touch of course but seeing each other in person will be so great!

I too have family visiting at the end of June from out of state.  I do look forward to seeing my great nieces who are teens and spending time with them.  That is uplifting also.  

Finally to be with people in person , I understand your enthusiasm and feel the same.