Honored Contributor

Peyton Manning starts fund in Chattanooga

[ Edited ]

Peyton Mannning rocks!  He pledged $3million dollars..

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/2015/07/23/peyton-manning-starts-chattanooga-heroes-fund/30557951/

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

Re: Peyton Manning starts fund in Chattanooga

Peyton Manning has always been a class act.  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

So nice to hear.

Honored Contributor

Thank you Peyton.  What a nice thing to do.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Occasional Contributor

A class act on and off football field!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Peyton Manning as much as the next guy. But this move has 'grandstanding' written allllll over it.

Peyton Manning played college football in the late '90 in Tennessee...that's why the connection.

According to icasualties.org, since 2010, there's been 44 service men & women from Tennessee that have lost their lives to on-duty hostile & non-hostile causes. Where was Peyton @ the time of their death? Will they receive $$ from this foundation?

Death is turning into a popularity contest.

Social media is making this situation 'popular'. Case in point...lowering the flags. Out of those aforementioned casualties, did we lower the flag in their honor? No.

If I was the spouse or relative of these servicemen that lost their lives, but didn't received the Public outcry, I would feel cheated & let down.   Maybe, just maybe, that's where lots of the unsettling military/political unrest stems from?  Our former military (living & deceased) aren't given the respect they so deserve.

The above lives are just as important as anyone else's. It's sad many don't see that.

Honored Contributor

I find it a bit disturbing that when a community feels sympathy or guilt, they immediately start collecting money.

We had a police officer killed on duty a couple months ago.  He was an older man with a grown family.  People immediately started collections "for the family."  What makes them think the family needs money?  Seems like it's being used to soothe a collective guilty conscience.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment